Our mission

Are any of the BOD (or anyone) in contact with Reef Central mods?

*shrug* It all just seems really juvenile that someone makes a decision and says, 'that's the way it is, don't bother discussing it with me'...I top their every point and counter every accusation with mere facts and obvious truth. I mean...yanno.

Yeah I wouldn't expect adult behavior. I was threatened with a ban because I posted the made up word "labiamussa" and I protested that it wasn't offensive when compared with many half naked female avatars around the board.

I got a nasty reply full of insults and threats that basically said that I was crazy, and that "they" would be watching my future posts closely. I made three id's for people over the next couple of days, then was suddenly banned. I guess my straightforward id's were offensive. I looked to see if there was oversight but there isn't. Any disagreement over a ban goes right to the person who banned you, which is a corrupt and broken system, but not an uncommon one.

However, since they are ultimately powerless to remove your access to the boards it's not hard for me to laugh it off. Some people need their little corner of the playground to feel useful, why not let them have it as long as it doesn't affect me.

I would just walk away, getting mad over not being able to be on a board that banned you makes no sense, just do your best to make the boards you do post at better.....

anathema said:
Hmm well I'm currently banned and it only affects one machine, but I have 4 broadband connections, 5 in the winter that I log in from. I can use the same network and a different computer and surf RC/create a login, w/e but if I try to view RC on the one computer that I was posting from when I was banned I get a message telling me when my ban will expire.

I assumed that indicated the IP address of the specific machine was being used, but I didn't really put any effort into it.

If the systems you use are on the same network, they will have the same IP address on the internet. The IP address they see is your modem/router IP address not your local IP address.

Have you tried to clear your cookies and log on the ban machine using a different log in?

sfsuphysics said:
If it really was a misunderstanding, I would simply mail/message one of the mods who banned you. If it was a big shouting match, names called, you selling something as a company, etc... then maybe you should just browse in "read only mode" (which you can do, the banning is simply for posts).

That is what I did when I was wrongfully accused of being some one else and got banned. They assumed I was Gersh who worked for an Socal wholesaler. I gave a good review of the wholesaler and got nailed minutes later. Funny, yeah, I work 8 hours, and commute 12. Lucky for me several other mods caught on and helped me out.

sfboarders said:
That "bertoni" guy is a mod. His info says he's from Foster City. Not sure if he's a BAR member though. He has a lot of posts in the Reef Chemistry forum.

Wanna shoot him a PM? I can meet with him personally lol. RC isn't a huge loss but I mean..Wrongfully accused is wrongfully accused and it doesn't feel all that nice...

With 178,000+ on it, I dunno how it'll fare with rockets. It's old nickname was "The Rocket" but it's not so rockety anymore. She just spit some smoke out of the tail pipe last night when I gunned it to get on the freeway and you know what that means. Gotta get it smogged soon as well and with that problem it will not pass. That was a fun thing to come home to after MACNA.

Trying to figure out how to afford a Mazda3 5 door :)

sfboarders said:
That "bertoni" guy is a mod. His info says he's from Foster City. Not sure if he's a BAR member though. He has a lot of posts in the Reef Chemistry forum.

Nope, he isn't :(

GreshamH said:
With 178,000+ on it, I dunno how it'll fare with rockets. It's old nickname was "The Rocket" but it's not so rockety anymore. She just spit some smoke out of the tail pipe last night when I gunned it to get on the freeway and you know what that means. Gotta get it smogged soon as well and with that problem it will not pass. That was a fun thing to come home to after MACNA.

Trying to figure out how to afford a Mazda3 5 door :)

Let me know if you need some help Gresham, I am a smog tech.

Back