Jestersix

Beating Aiptasia?

If you are considering the chemical burn approach like Aiptasia-X, there is a related but better product called "F-Aiptasia" that is also a caustic paste, but it is thicker and hardens over the Aiptasia. I believe has a better contain/kill rate.
I forgot about that stuff. Still haven’t tried it. I’ll have to look around for some. Anybody know if any of our lfs carry it?

Mine never got out of control. I used kalk paste every week or two. The most I ever had at one time was about a dozen. I’m sure I had one somewhere in the plumbing or somewhere I couldn’t spot. There’s a couple guys on here breading nudibranchs but I don’t remember who or if they still have any.

in the past, I've injected lemon juice to the base of the aiptasia if I can reach it. now with a bigger tank, I introduced a cbb and had success. also eats small bristleworms so I'm lucky.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ive had success with peppermint shrimp in the past too. Shrimps are cool but are annoying when trying to feed corals and anemones. Bone cutter under the foot of the aiptasia if you can reach it. My advice is to take it out asap each and every time you see one pop up. This advice applies to majanos too. Good luck

Mine never got out of control.
I think this is probably the best course of measure regardless of what method you plan on doing. Having been on both sides of this, I will say if it is a tiny maintenance for you, then it's tiny maintenance, when it becomes "welp the weekend is here, lets see how many dozen I can kill today" then you need to up your game.

For me, I typically only notice them when taking pictures within the tank, then my aiptasia PTSD fires whenever I see an outline of something like it. And within 24 hours I deal with it. But like I said I like the physical removal method way more so than any chemical method, if it's a 50 pound rock I'll find a way to remove it :D

I think this is probably the best course of measure regardless of what method you plan on doing. Having been on both sides of this, I will say if it is a tiny maintenance for you, then it's tiny maintenance, when it becomes "welp the weekend is here, lets see how many dozen I can kill today" then you need to up your game.

For me, I typically only notice them when taking pictures within the tank, then my aiptasia PTSD fires whenever I see an outline of something like it. And within 24 hours I deal with it. But like I said I like the physical removal method way more so than any chemical method, if it's a 50 pound rock I'll find a way to remove it :D
Well, you DO have an unusually easy-access tank at this point lol

Well, you DO have an unusually easy-access tank at this point lol
Well... 1) this was always plan of action even when I had a glass box of water where the rim was nearly 6 feet off the ground and 2) while yes the obstructions are free of the current setup, depending on where I have to reach it could require me to reach over 3 feet and down whatever depth to get something.

Back