Cali Kid Corals

Biocube 32 #3 frag tank build

So, made more progress on this tank today. I've been motivated after getting permission from the queen of our house, to keep two tanks in the living room as long as I move one of them out.

My main biocube32 is in the bed room.

Living room has the 65gallon, the biocube 29 grow out temp tank, and this other biocube32 that will be a dedicated frag tank that's been sitting empty.

Plan is to remove the biocube29 and give it away.

Today I received the light bars and a controller from 21 led that i ordered last week. So i can modifiy the lights on this tank similar to how I have on my main tank.
20241011_153727.jpg

Current main tank light modification.
It has 6 12inch actinic light bars, one shorted out so only 5 functional ones. Each bar is capable of adding 30 par at 18 inches deep mounted 2 inches above the crushed coral.

So for the most part these actinic bars are my primary lights i run them 10/12 hours a day.

The stock lid has 3 other light channels, whites, moonlight, and a full spectrum channel.

I only running the whites 2 hours a day for the sps. The other two channels i run for 8-10 hours (neither of those channels except the whites put out a fraction of par the bars do.) Only the bars give me 250 par at sps level, add whites gets me up to 280-380 at sps level.

20241011_153653.jpg

Test fittings
20241011_160004.jpg

Glued down and wires secured
20241011_171555.jpg

Final test of all light channels.

I also made a cut out for the protein skimmer same as in my main tank.

Next steps finish the frag racks, and decide what rocks to keep in the frag tank verse shifting to the 65gallon tank. (I've been thinking of pulling a rock structure from the 65 gallon and swaping it with tbe main structure in the 29cube)

This rock is older more pourose and probably will help stablize the 65gallon better.

Back