Cali Kid Corals

Blue/yellow Yuma

Chain starters:
@sfsuphysics if you feel you're up to it i think a lagoon would be a good place for one of these, even if it is makeshift...
@Twisted You're next up with an up to date tank journal, and it looks like you have a great LPS softy setup.
@Solitaryensis it looks like you have a nice established tank set up, just keep an eye on your dosing :)

more info?
@Baykes do you have an updated thread on your tank?
@IOnceWasLegend once you have been set up a little longer, im sure we can get you set up.
@MarAquatic do you have a journal?

Sorry if i missed anyone. to get this started im trying to make sure to target people who have the best chance of keeping the chain going.
Super exited to get one !!

I would be interested in one but can't drive all the way to San Jose to get one... :(. Well I guess next time when somebody will have babies that is close by SF :).

Got one today, I think it's #1 based on the shape of the rock, but it's acclimating now in the tank so not as poofed out. I'll take pictures later.. and by later I mean not today :D

BTW what kind of light was this under? I know you have your PAR reader so do you know any numbers?

Got one today, I think it's #1 based on the shape of the rock, but it's acclimating now in the tank so not as poofed out. I'll take pictures later.. and by later I mean not today :D

BTW what kind of light was this under? I know you have your PAR reader so do you know any numbers?
It has been in LOW light, like in the 50 par range with low flow. It will color up a little more with a little more light. Still working on getting my lighting re-situated and brought back up.

889C3392-F09F-4181-80DB-C23B83FC6BE5.jpeg

I got mine absolutely crazy shroom !!!

Never did get around to posting, definitely not as dark blue as the original pic, but take the photos with a grain of salt I was holding the yuma really close to the water surface and super close to the camera, so yeah... macro vision with brighter than normal lighting on it :)

xeuivcK.jpg

Notice there's a slight "weird" bit at about 5:30 on it

Then looking at the side noticed this
k6kQISP.jpg

New foot of a split? Dunno... we'll see

Either way I moved the yuma to a place with a little more flow (in the gyre) as it was kind of in a dead spot in the tank. Hopefully we see a happy baby soon. That said the overall size of it hasn't changed terribly much

Never did get around to posting, definitely not as dark blue as the original pic, but take the photos with a grain of salt I was holding the yuma really close to the water surface and super close to the camera, so yeah... macro vision with brighter than normal lighting on it :)

xeuivcK.jpg

Notice there's a slight "weird" bit at about 5:30 on it

Then looking at the side noticed this
k6kQISP.jpg

New foot of a split? Dunno... we'll see

Either way I moved the yuma to a place with a little more flow (in the gyre) as it was kind of in a dead spot in the tank. Hopefully we see a happy baby soon. That said the overall size of it hasn't changed terribly much
Nice picture I love it! It looks like a ghosty Yuma :D

Ok now this is definitive proof I have baby!

That said point of reference, I don't exactly have fat fingers, so use that for sense of scale. But hopefully I'll be able to pass one of these out before any corona vaccine comes out :D And yeah using a top down viewer, with my phone's camera over the end of it holding it all with one hand while the other holds the rock this is on... sorry this is the best photo I'm willing to do now :)

fOtKbSi.jpg

Glad to hear your interested, unfortunately it ain't time to give it up, I really do want to see it get larger before passing it off. Plus there are a number of people in this thread who do want it, will have to figure out some system to make it fair... or hell maybe not fair :D Plus others got this as well, don't know what their status is.

Ok now this is definitive proof I have baby!

That said point of reference, I don't exactly have fat fingers, so use that for sense of scale. But hopefully I'll be able to pass one of these out before any corona vaccine comes out :D And yeah using a top down viewer, with my phone's camera over the end of it holding it all with one hand while the other holds the rock this is on... sorry this is the best photo I'm willing to do now :)

fOtKbSi.jpg
I have a small baby as well too lazy to take a pic but it looks like your pic

Back