Kessil

Booster Pump Location in RODI Filter

H2OPlayar

Supporting Member
Is there any reason to not put the booster pump directly before the RO membranes? I have always seen them behind a 100 micron screen filter and in front of all the other stages. I believe the RO membranes are the only part of the system that change performance based on pressure and work better the higher the pressure from 60 up to 90 psi.

Also happy to discuss 3 vs 2 ro membranes here, but I remember talking about that a few years back.

Being in Vegas with a tds of 500 out of the tap, I am looking to optimize what I can here.

If it’s behind a clogged prefilter it could cause issues if the pump can’t get water east enough? Never tried it that way. Don’t see the reason to do it that way

If it’s behind a clogged prefilter it could cause issues if the pump can’t get water east enough? Never tried it that way. Don’t see the reason to do it that way
Would you get better pressure at the membrane (which gives better efficiency at the membrane) if the pump is right before it, since you don't have the pressure drops of the pre-filter, and the carbon blocks?

I can just hook it up and see the pressure differential, but curious why it wouldn't work.

Clogged pre-filter is a good thought to avoid.

Back