Neptune Aquatics

Booster pump

I just installed a booster pump and it’s running continuously. Is that normal? Without the pump the pressure is already 60 psi so it’s not bad. I can tune it to the pressure I want with the Allen screw but the pump still runs. I thought that once it reaches its set pressure it would turn off and hold its pressure.

It is an Aquatec CDP 6800.

I just installed a booster pump and it’s running continuously. Is that normal? Without the pump the pressure is already 60 psi so it’s not bad. I can tune it to the pressure I want with the Allen screw but the pump still runs. I thought that once it reaches its set pressure it would turn off and hold its pressure.

Only if you have the adapter that turn off the pump when pressure build up. Otherwise the pump will run regardless of the pressure as it's intended to do.

Back