Kessil

Borrowing a skimmer

I recently moved here and am in the process of setting up my new tank while my old tank continues to run in NY. Given my prior skimmer is rated for my new tank size, I wanted to reuse it.

But in order to get my new tank up and ready for my livestock to arrive, I would like to borrow a skimmer. Would anyone be willing to let me borrow one?

Or do you think I could let the new tank run for ~1 week without a skimmer? My concern mostly is from the new sand I have, which will have a lot of gunk.

I recently moved here and am in the process of setting up my new tank while my old tank continues to run in NY. Given my prior skimmer is rated for my new tank size, I wanted to reuse it.

But in order to get my new tank up and ready for my livestock to arrive, I would like to borrow a skimmer. Would anyone be willing to let me borrow one?

Or do you think I could let the new tank run for ~1 week without a skimmer? My concern mostly is from the new sand I have, which will have a lot of gunk.
What's your tank size? I have a bubble king rated for 200g I can lend you.
But keep in mind, you do not have to run skimmer so early, you can effectively run any skimmer but dial it way down if its oversized or dual it up if its undersized for the first couple months I would say it will be ok.
What skimmer fo you have now?
Do you run carbon in a reactor?

Where are you located? I might have a HOB skimmer or larger in-sump EV-something skimmer you can use. Not sure about pumps, though.

Back