Jestersix

Brown Out, Apex EB8's not working

Good Morning,
My apex system is not working after a brown out last night. A few of the ports on the EB8 do not have power. The brain appears to be working fine, but will not connect to either of the EB8's, I have two. The brain through Apex Fusion states it is connected when plugged into the internet via an ethernet cable. The digital controller just lights up, but does not display any information when plugged into the "brain". Do I need to purchase new EB8's to resolve this problem? The top three outlets on the first EB8 have no power, and the top two outlets on the second EB8 have no power. Everything was functioning well before the brown out last night.

I've had issues in the past with the LCD monitor CAUSED issues once it starts to get older. I no longer use it and instead have a small tablet running that connects to the Web Server on the Apex directly. Try disconnect the LCD/restart and see if that helps?

Have you tried restarting the apex under Net Settings?
Or reconnecting the EB's after a restart?

I assume the outlets are set to fail off when it loses connection, whereas the other ones are set to fail on.

Problem is I have the old version with no button for rset, and my screen I have plugged into the brain only lights up, it doesnt give any ability to control the system. The brain is green, but each EB8 is blinking orange. I've opened a support ticket. I've unplugged the EB8's, the brain, and the lcd many times, in all possible combinations, and it still wont turn green on the EB8's...

I had that happen as well.
Try Unplugging everything from the brain, then waiting a few minutes.
After that, use a different aquabus port for the screen.

If you have an Apex classic, you can log into the apex with the ip address and see if it sees the EB8’s.
Can try to do configure the outlets that way.

Back