Jestersix

Brs dosing pump and wifi smart outlet...

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
So I got rid of my Versa and I bought two simple cheap brs dosing pumps. I'm switching to ati two part for my 40 gallon. I also bought two Geeni smart plugs. The plan was to program the plugs to alternate turning on every hour for so many minutes. The thing is I don't know know if I trust these things to dose my tank. I have the same smart plugs controlling my reefbrights on the 40 gallon and the t5s on my frag tank. They haven't failed there.

I got a Kamoer x1 pump, was recommended by Coralreefer. I've had it set up a few weeks now and has been running great. You set it via Bluetooth from an app on your phone.

So I got rid of my Versa and I bought two simple cheap brs dosing pumps. I'm switching to ati two part for my 40 gallon. I also bought two Geeni smart plugs. The plan was to program the plugs to alternate turning on every hour for so many minutes. The thing is I don't know know if I trust these things to dose my tank. I have the same smart plugs controlling my reefbrights on the 40 gallon and the t5s on my frag tank. They haven't failed there.

What was wrong with the versa?

The thing is I don't know know if I trust these things to dose my tank.
What if you set them up as you’re planning and test it over a week or two outside the tank with water. Move a measured amount from one container to another for each pump. See if the amounts are equal and that the volume you were expecting was transferred.

I use these for lights. The docs for mine indicate a margin of error of +/-30 sec. That seems enough to cause concern when dosing. Testing should tell you by just how much to be concerned.

I thought if you lose power on the bluetooth model it will reset it's clock to zero. Maybe not a big issue since it seems (not sure about this) the schedule continues to run on the reset time.

I thought if you lose power on the bluetooth model it will reset it's clock to zero. Maybe not a big issue since it seems (not sure about this) the schedule continues to run on the reset time.
Had not noticed this. Probably Not really a big deal if your just doing 2 part tho

Curious if anyone has successfully connected the wifi model here? I gave up and ordered the bluetooth version.

Also had two 30 seconds or less power outages in the last 6 weeks. I had no clue it may be zeroing the clock. It is pushing kalk through a reactor.

Back