Neptune Aquatics

BRS RODI leak + pressure gauge reading 0??

tribbitt

Supporting Member
My newly installed (used) BRS RO/DI system leaks at the middle canister. I tightened it, I opened and retightened, i swapped cups. Not sure exactly where it leaks from - whether it’s the seal or if it’s leaking from the connection between two cups.

A very small drip, not a trickle or spray, but after making ten gallons (roughly an hour and a half) it made a puddle large enough to be worrisome.

Also, the pressure gauge reads 0 despite the unit functioning properly. It is plumbed properly as well- the output of the second carbon block feeds into a Y splitter, one side of which goes to the pressure gauge and the other side of which goes to the membrane.

Any thoughts?

IMG_5658.jpeg

gauge could be broken. check if it's the housing is cracked. I had a housing crack at the manufacturing seam. it only got worse not better so might as well replace sooner than later.

I looked - the face doesn’t look cracked but i didn’t pay attention to the back or anything. Where should I look? Replacements don’t seem expensive - do i get glycerin-filled or air filled?

Taking pressure gauge advice from a guy named psidriven seems very apt lol

The plastic pieces that connect each canister to one another tend to crack easily. Maybe that could be causing the leak.

1724792446211.png

Appreciate it! Is this something I can tighten or do i need a new one, and have to dismantle the system to install a new one

You could try tightening and if that does not work then plan on replacing. I believe you do have to take the canisters off of the frame to get access to the NPT nipples. I took a really quick glance on youtube to see if I could find a video replacing them for you but had no luck wading through the many basic install videos.

If you are nervous taking it apart, take pic/video before so you have a reference when putting back together.

Double check that it isn't broken?
I did, actually. First thing I checked because that's what should guarantee the seal, right? Wiped it down. A small amount of the rubber came off on the towel though, like the black rubber smeared off, when I wiped it. But when I touch it it's rubber texture, not play doh or sticky or anything.

Back