High Tide Aquatics

car shipping companies and help/experience?

So my lady is shipping her car out to TX where she'll be for a few months. Anyone have any experience shipping cars? Any companies you've used, things to look for in a comp etc etc. Also an offshoot..any special type of oil that would do her Honda Fit good in the higher heat? She's about due for a change anyways.

No experience but I'll be getting quotes on my relocation this week which will include transporting one of the cars. If I get any worthwhile details, I'll share them with you.

We used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) to ship a mini from TN to CA. Not too expensive, rode "indoors" the entire time.

i can second DAS...i used them to ship a showcar from here to vegas for the SEMA show...its a bit pricey, around $1400 roundtrip IIRC...and we had to trailer it to livermore...

We use a couple of different private companies at my dealership. I will find out which ones tomorrow and let you know.
As for the oil. Stick with what it calls for. I think it is 5W-20. There are additives some people put in, in areas that get into the sub zero temps, but for TX nothing is needed.

Estimate around 1500 for the fancy moves (like the enclosed unites etc) down to maybe 1000 for the "semi with a multi car trailer" that you see bring in dealership cars.

Just drive there with your lady. It is not that far and a really great road trip: immigrant-free arizona, grand canyon, vegas, bbq, etc ;-)

Back