High Tide Aquatics

Check out this new site--Buy Wholesale

So you cannot see the stocks until you subscribe? Is my understanding correct?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You can get a snapshot of the “price” but availability isn’t known and any further digging always redirects to the subscribe page. My spider senses are definitely tingling on this one. What do they say about too good to be true...

Great scam.
The guy is sitting back doing nothing and hoping to get 5-6 members a day to make $2-300. No conscience! Moving on.

Last edited:
For anyone considering it, I wouldn’t make a longer term commitment like a year subscription. My guess is this scheme violates the owner’s wholesale agreement and is subject to termination at some point. Plus who knows if they will honor their various guarantees. The same person owns a bunch of similar stores, with several started and shut down. Seems sketchy.

Maybe it's something even sketchier, since it looks like other site, maybe it's simply a mirror of those other sites, you give this site money to see stuff on those other sites and any ordering goes directly through those other sites but it looks like you're doing it from this site.

On second glance though... good prices on "normal"ish fish, and they've done their weekly refresh on the wysiwyg section.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 12.12.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 12.12.36 PM.png

... and now all three sites are apparently closed. If you signed up for a membership at the “wholesale” site, you need to cancel it yourself otherwise it recurs automatically.

... and now all three sites are apparently closed. If you signed up for a membership at the “wholesale” site, you need to cancel it yourself otherwise it recurs automatically.

Now they have your card number :)

but translation, they pissed off others which pissed off the ACTUAL wholesalers who may have cancelled accounts with them so now they don't have stuff ready to sell which is why they closed them all down even the ones that weren't "wholesale"

lol
They thought it was a popular idea selling basically wholesale $ without wholesalers knowledge and using their inventory pics.
They thought people with deep pockets are out to get them, too. I think they basically put the hobby under bus

I actually sympathize with their message and agree that free market value is drive cost down.
Coral market has become crazy and dominated by couppe players who inflated prices ten folds...
Honestly I feel sad that folks like these couldnot survive...

is there MAP rules with wholesale though? I mean wholesalers sell a coral for $10 to a store, store turns around typically and puts a $100 price tag on it (just for number sake), what's to stop another store from saying $20 or $15?

is there MAP rules with wholesale though? I mean wholesalers sell a coral for $10 to a store, store turns around typically and puts a $100 price tag on it (just for number sake), what's to stop another store from saying $20 or $15?
I think they are telling the truth when they say it's not the wholesalers who is to blame. I think its couple of the big guys who complained to the wholesalers..
Coral industry is primed for distribution, soon someone will come and uncover this whole game and bring down prices to what it was in the past. I have seen this monopoly movie many times in other industries or products. Eventually someone enter the market and shake it..

Am waiting for this guy to enter the market soon. They are based in taiwan, have like 10 large pools for growing and wild collection...
I have seen his facility, absolutely fascinating both in scale and quality

Back