High Tide Aquatics

Compact AIO

Hi Guys! After my experience with BJD, I realized it might be a good idea to invest in a small AIO as a coral hospital tank. It would be in storage until needed. The smaller the bettter. I am thining about 1 gallon?

this looks good. What are you using?
Looking at the prices you might as well go for the 2.65 gallons less than $2 more on my prime screen anyway. These are incredible small so that extra gallon may make a difference.

Hi Guys! After my experience with BJD, I realized it might be a good idea to invest in a small AIO as a coral hospital tank. It would be in storage until needed. The smaller the bettter. I am thining about 1 gallon?

this looks good. What are you using?

I have a 2 gallon glass container that is suppose to be used for an ato reservoir if you want that.
Not an AIO but free.

Last edited:
Add in a gravity ATO and now you're cooking with gas:

1729020245015.png

Unless you plan to QT absolutely everything (fish, corals, frags, inverts, etc.) that goes into your display tank I think a hospital tank will only slightly reduce your chances of BJD.
I guessing he's meaning if it pops up again to have somewhere to be able to isolate the effected ones or uneffected ones.

I think some people have to have some free tanks around here. Honestly all you need is like a cheap little tank, a powerhead, and a small heater.

It is good to isolate any corals that have any weird necrotic tissue though. Or if you want to treat a smaller volume of water with medication and not nuke your microbiome.

I think some people have to have some free tanks around here. Honestly all you need is like a cheap little tank, a powerhead, and a small heater.

It is good to isolate any corals that have any weird necrotic tissue though. Or if you want to treat a smaller volume of water with medication and not nuke your microbiome.
I have 2 extra ten gallon ones but i think he wants smaller

Really looking for something 1 -2 gallon / compact enough to pull in/out when needed. I sold/gave away my IM 15 and Fluval V (5g).

Thought maybe someone had a 1-2 gallon pico tank that I can get ideas from.

thanks for all the offers, this club ia very generous

I personally think 10 gallons makes the most sense. Trying to dose 25mg of cipro in a 1 gallon is going to be a pain since pills usually come in either 250mg or 500mg. This pretty much goes for all other antibiotics in pill or capsule form. You might be able to get away with erythromycin if you buy in powder form.

I personally think 10 gallons makes the most sense. Trying to dose 25mg of cipro in a 1 gallon is going to be a pain since pills usually come in either 250mg or 500mg. This pretty much goes for all other antibiotics in pill or capsule form. You might be able to get away with erythromycin if you buy in powder form.
I use a pill cutter and mortar/pestle or just open the capsules that have powder. It's pretty easy. That way they last a really long time.

Back