Kessil

Complete Bonus/Ultra Coral List - 2024 (REVISED AS OF 10/13/24)

I suggested a similar approach of quickly giving everyone who has a bonus ticket a random number in the bonus round and have people line up like a Southwest boarding line. Then they go in every couple seconds. Just for the single-pick bonus/ultra rounds. With all the last minute stuff we had going this swap we didn’t get around to implementing it. But I still think we should.
Even 2 or 3 groups would make it easier, only issue so many people i couldn't get near lps table at all.

I remembered the previous swap I didn't have enough time to use 4 tickets, so this time I only got a total of four and I still felt super rushed to use them.
Me too - 1st world problems lol. I know @JVU was out there with us too
I think we should extend bonus time, I wasn’t able to use all my tickets. Half my corals were “I have no time anymore, I guess I’ll take this”

We’ll continue to improve the experience!

Taking the feedback into account, and attempting to add to the list in hopes they are more likely to be brought.
Let me know your thoughts. Everyone else feel free to comment. Josh will have the final say.

Proposed Bonus/Ultra Zoa Changes

Remove from Bonus/Ultra:
-Bozo’s Birthday
-CoralExotic Bounce Zoa
-Everlasting Gobstopper
-Magicians
-WWC Halle Berry

Add to Bonus:
Exosphere
JF Fairy Fart
Mind Tricks
Krak Gods
Nightmare
Solar Circus
Burning Ember
Marvin the Martian
Stratocaster
Grim Reaper

Add to Ultra:
LSOH (1+ polyp)
Frankie’s Acid Trip
Big Bird with Kermit (1+ polyp)
I think AOIs should come off as well. There has been a few of these consistently at the past 3 swaps.

There are others currently on the list that I don’t think I’ve ever seen at a swap (or frankly for sale locally recently), eg KH Sunbursts, White Velvets, etc. that could probably be replaced with equally desirable zoas that are more likely to show up at swaps

I think AOIs should come off as well. There has been a few of these consistently at the past 3 swaps.

There are others currently on the list that I don’t think I’ve ever seen at a swap (or frankly for sale locally recently), eg KH Sunbursts, White Velvets, etc. that could probably be replaced with equally desirable zoas that are more likely to show up at swaps

Have u ever seen pikichu zoas? (Only ask because I been personally trying to find some.)

I've been trying to grow out AOI, i haven't gained one polyp on them in a year and i never see them for sale locally or at cfm.

Utter chaos i would mention for consideration it maybe not be extremely rare to most, but it's highly desireable to many (took me along time to find it).

Does general desireability of a specific coral have any bearing with it being listed.
If so maybe a post for each coral type sps, lps, zoas, softies, and acropora asking members in general some they would like to see at swaps. If some names pop up alot maybe consider them as a basic bonus. - This is just a thought I had of something to consider for ultra
and bonus list inclusion beyond price, rarity, and availability. I have no idea of the practical application of this so only want to mention it.

Have u ever seen pikichu zoas? (Only ask because I been personally trying to find some.)

I've been trying to grow out AOI, i haven't gained one polyp on them in a year and i never see them for sale locally or at cfm.

Utter chaos i would mention for consideration it maybe not be extremely rare to most, but it's highly desireable to many (took me along time to find it).

Does general desireability of a specific coral have any bearing with it being listed.
If so maybe a post for each coral type sps, lps, zoas, softies, and acropora asking members in general some they would like to see at swaps. If some names pop up alot maybe consider them as a basic bonus. - This is just a thought I had of something to consider for ultra
and bonus list inclusion beyond price, rarity, and availability. I have no idea of the practical application of this so only want to mention it.
I brought a pikichu frag a couple years ago to a swap and may have seen one other around that time. I don’t believe I’ve seen any since. Nice zoa for sure!

AOIs are hit or miss. They either don’t grow or spread like weeds. They were super desirable a few years ago but have fallen off more recently but are still super nice Zoas since they’re one of the fewer blue color Zoas.

Utter chaos are amazing zoas, super nice, but I think they’re so prevalent in the club (or at least were a year-ish ago, that if we put them in the bonus list, we could probably fill a whole table with frags. There were LOTS at some of the swaps a year or two ago.

For AOI’s, I think those are a coral where if they lasted into the regular rounds many people would be more than happy to get AOI’s. I don’t think they are prevalent enough to merit removal. There has not been a flooding of them like we saw with the Halle Berry, Magicians, etc.

@B the Nano Reefer @derek_SR do you think any of these are relevant enough to stay on the list? They can be re-added in the future if anyone brings them up.
ASD Hyper Jubilee
KH Sunburst
Rainbow Kazoo/Latin Lovers
Rainbow Rhinos
Space Monster
Tyree Orange Rainbow
White Velvets
WWC Illuminati
WWC Taser
WWC Ultimate Chaos

@MichaelB a few vendors were selling pikachus at the latest CFM. Those are one we could add to bonus.

I would be fine adding Utter Chaos the list. It might be borderline as a bonus but it is a really nice zoa.

For AOI’s, I think those are a coral where if they lasted into the regular rounds many people would be more than happy to get AOI’s. I don’t think they are prevalent enough to merit removal. There has not been a flooding of them like we saw with the Halle Berry, Magicians, etc.

@B the Nano Reefer @derek_SR do you think any of these are relevant enough to stay on the list? They can be re-added in the future if anyone brings them up.
ASD Hyper Jubilee
KH Sunburst
Rainbow Rhinos
Space Monster
Tyree Orange Rainbow
White Velvets
WWC Illuminati
WWC Taser
WWC Ultimate Chaos

@MichaelB a few vendors were selling pikachus at the latest CFM. Those are one we could add to bonus.

I would be fine adding Utter Chaos the list. It might be borderline as a bonus but it is a really nice zoa.
Yea mentioned chaos cause they are cool, and the tendency of people to simply bring whats on the list. Overall I think we would all like to see alot more variety. The lists could also have a tendency of swaying people to go after certain corals for that purpose along. Not because it's something they personally love. Honestly with zoas I can only think of maybe 3 i personally like. Every other one I got because it was on the list at some point. Swaps are fun and I must say very well Organized therefor I don't intend to imply that anything is or was handled badly. Only thinking in terms of what could be improved. I'm really liking all these post swap conversations.

I've been hearing and seeing many coral on this thread and others that i never knew about but now I want them.

How could we get people to bring more types of coral even if they aren't on a list the biggest thing I'm brainstorming now?

ASD Hyper Jubilee
KH Sunburst
Rainbow Rhinos
Space Monster
Tyree Orange Rainbow
White Velvets
WWC Illuminati
WWC Taser
WWC Ultimate Chaos

Fair enough on AOIs.

Of that list, I don’t think I’ve seen any of those at any recent swap, and don’t think we will. I’d love to see the rainbow rhinos or the WWC Illuminati pop up but don’t know if anyone in the club has them? Maybe? I think all those can be replaced with a better selection

I wonder if it's actually good to do single-swap suspensions of bonus tier stuff. For example, if by luck a just a ton of miyagi tort made it into the swap, while it's not good to remove it altogether, it might be good to mark it as suspended for a swap.

If everyone who wanted miyagi tort got one, with plenty of extras, there's really no purpose in making them bonus. But as time goes on, if people lose theirs, new members join, more tanks get set up and demand slowly rises, it can come back. '

So like,

(EXAMPLE ONLY)

BONUS
ASD Hyper Jubilee
KH Sunburst
Rainbow Kazoo/Latin Lovers (Suspended for July swap)
Rainbow Rhinos
Space Monster (Back in rotation)
Tyree Orange Rainbow
White Velvets
WWC Illuminati
WWC Taser
WWC Ultimate Chaos

etc

If the club "demand" for a coral has been saturated, I don't think there's gonna be particularly significant demand in just 4 months

Last edited:
@Invictus, here are a few I think make sense to consider dropping into the list

Acid Trips
CB Bowser
Bella Donna
Butt Kissers
Miami Vice
Mind tricks
Wolverines
Yodas
Pickachu
BigBird and Kermit
Oscar the Grouch
Exosphere

CB Bowser - bonus
Bella Donna - probably wouldn’t qualify
Miami Vice - probably wouldn’t qualify
Yodas - Josh made a previous decision not to add these to the list. I would be in support of a revisit.

All the other ones I already have on the list I posted. I’ll also reiterate that the final say is all up to Josh.

Updated list for proposed added/removed Zoas:

Remove from Bonus/Ultra due to over abundance:
-Bozo’s Birthday
-Everlasting Gobstopper
-Magicians
-WWC Halle Berry

Remove from Bonus/Ultra due to relevance:
-ASD Hyper Jubilee
-CoralExotic Bounce Zoa
-KH Sunburst
-Rainbow Kazoo/Latin Lovers
-Rainbow Rhinos