got ethical husbandry?

Coral Warfare

I have two colonies - a cali tort and a blue millie - that I purchased attached to the same rock (both are fully encrusted). I noticed recently that one branch of the tort and one branch of the millie have grown to the point where they are now touching, and the tip of the tort branch is now totally white, presumably a victim of the millie. My question is, should I do anything about it? Like cut off the tip of the tort, or should I just leave it be? I just want to make sure it's not going to affect the rest of the colony.

I wouldn't worry about the actual dead piece affecting the colony.. other than it'll be algae encrusted, but what could happen as well is the mille encrusts onto skeleton, and they eats more of the tort.

I always wondered about that. Makes me paranoid.

Though if you see Hunter's tank at Lucky Goldfish, he has all kind stuff growing together, and supposedly he just leaves it alone and it all looks amazing.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the millie growing onto the tort skeleton - that could get ugly! I guess I'll keep an eye on it - I may just have to leave it alone and let the two "work it out." ;)

Back