Reef nutrition

Cruz Mc5’s family reef tank

Tank is still just chugging along. I added a cleaner shrimp and quite a few snails as I was getting well into the diatom phase. The snails have done really well on getting things cleaned up and the shrimp is a character.

Also started feeding LRS. The fish all seem to like it, the shrimp LOVES it, and will scramble to grab some big pieces right out of the baster. The acans seem to love the food as well, and our first one has started sprouting 3 new heads.

And so far the clowns are doing well together. All 3 sleep in a ball in the tank every night. So far, so good. And the Anthias are all nice and active and eating well.

We have 4 crabs in a qt, and we also picked up a fire fish from Neptune’s that is in a 20 long in my sons room so we can make sure he’s eating and looks healthy.

Tank is still just chugging along. I added a cleaner shrimp and quite a few snails as I was getting well into the diatom phase. The snails have done really well on getting things cleaned up and the shrimp is a character.

Also started feeding LRS. The fish all seem to like it, the shrimp LOVES it, and will scramble to grab some big pieces right out of the baster. The acans seem to love the food as well, and our first one has started sprouting 3 new heads.

And so far the clowns are doing well together. All 3 sleep in a ball in the tank every night. So far, so good. And the Anthias are all nice and active and eating well.

We have 4 crabs in a qt, and we also picked up a fire fish from Neptune’s that is in a 20 long in my sons room so we can make sure he’s eating and looks healthy.
Which LRS package?
And did you find any available locally?

Which LRS package?
And did you find any available locally?
LRS nano reef frenzy was all I could find. I got it at Neptune’s last weekend. That was the only LRS food they had.

And thanks! I’m pretty happy with the start, but I’m bracing for some sort of disaster/challenge that I know is coming.

Did another round of testing yesterday.

Nitrates - 2.5
Phosphate - .02
Calcium - 410
Alkalinity - 8
Magnesium- 1485

And then I added 4 new corals ( 1 acan, 1 lobo, 1 candy cane, and an encrusting coral) and a Red Sea serpent star fish.

Here’s a new FTS

DB88813B-23C2-44C7-8D14-CC9918ECAAA0.jpeg

Here’s Acan Island

777B250B-F121-42A0-9AF2-3B38E9F6ADC6.jpeg

Here’s the hammer, candy cane, and the Lobo is in the sand.

EED38A3E-1DB2-421C-A669-266E81E16E9E.jpeg

And here’s the toadstool along with the encrusting coral.

FB2E0920-D16A-4383-AE7F-0C3DA7888C11.jpeg

Attachments

• 53933493-D955-48D2-9639-D81568079B21.jpeg
    53933493-D955-48D2-9639-D81568079B21.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Well, we added 2 garden eels today. And we have a few fish waiting at LTK to get through observation. 2 pink spot gobies, 2 Benghai cardinals, 2 chalk bass, 1 royal gramma, 1 carpenter wrasse, and 1 hawkfish.

The garden eels seem to be settling in nicely. They’ve chosen their temporary spots and are coming out to get some food already.

I think that measurement keeps getting lower and lower. I think I was told 12” the first time I asked. It finally got down to 5-6” and now you were told 3-4”. I almost got a few but I had some much more aggressive fish (Achilles tang) that probably wouldn’t have let them out to eat.

They definitely didn’t have a problem getting completely hidden. The smaller of the two picked a shallower part of the sand bed, so I’m curious to see if he moves to a new spot. I’ll try and snap a few pictures of them today.

Back