Jestersix

Damien's Analog Apex Switch

I picked-up this old-school-cool hobbyist-designed-and-built Apex accessory from @Beanju that he has created. I just set it up. Super slick!

The analog switch box controls Apex's six virtual switches. There is also an LED lighting switch on its own circuit for under-cabinet lighting. The orange flip cover definitely adds to the unit's coolness quotient!

@beanju_apex_switch_01.png

@beanju_apex_switch_02.png

@beanju_apex_switch_03.png

It is a solid and simple controller accessory that helps prevent my fumbling around for my phone or laptop when in a hurry to enable or disable an Apex switch. Or yelling to my spouse to "[please] turn off the skimmer [honey]!!!" when I forget to when vacuuming sand or maintenance that changes the sump's water level.

Plug-and-play simple. Connects to the Apex 6-Switch Input.

@beanju_apex_switch_04.png

After connecting, set-up is straight forward through Apex interface:

@beanju_apex_switch_05.png

Apex switches renamed to match the labels on the box and to control: feed mode, return pump, skimmer, heater and UV, circulation/flow, and ATO override.

@beanju_apex_switch_06.png

Apex Configuration panel confirms which Apex Digital Switch the box's switches control. This one is for the Feed Mode button-type switch.

@beanju_apex_switch_07.png

Apex Output Configuration that programs when the switch is activated ("closed") what happens to the accessory. Engaging the feed mode button on the box (swFEED) will activate my fresh food feeder's circulation pump whenever I want and when I manually inject food into the food port.

Nice design and build Damien! (
@Beanju!)

Attachments

• @beanju_apex_switch_02.png
    @beanju_apex_switch_02.png
    540.9 KB · Views: 135
Back