Jestersix

DBTC: Battle Corals Adam Bomb!

Lemme see if I have another one healed or if not I can cut for ya after I deal with these AEFWs that I have....I'm pretty sure I got it from one of the colonies from Dan's break down as it was the only addition to one of my frag tanks then I saw the AEFWs.....
That’s not good… Are they on the Adam bomb?

That’s not good… Are they on the Adam bomb?
They were. But I don't think that's where they originated from. I found a lot of eggs on Therman's Rainbow and it was the most eaten. I didn't notice it was due to AEFW until I saw my BC Adam bomb getting white slime on a big portion. Decided to blow off the slime and saw a bunch of AEFWs come off. Luckily my wrasses went into hunt mode and ate all of them from the water coulmn while I was manually removing what I could with a turkey baster. I'm blowing all my acros daily and have not seen anymore after the first 3 days of treatment. Will keep blowing them off daily for at least a month (AEFW life cycle is 21 days).

They were. But I don't think that's where they originated from. I found a lot of eggs on Therman's Rainbow and it was the most eaten. I didn't notice it was due to AEFW until I saw my BC Adam bomb getting white slime on a big portion. Decided to blow off the slime and saw a bunch of AEFWs come off. Luckily my wrasses went into hunt mode and ate all of them from the water coulmn while I was manually removing what I could with a turkey baster. I'm blowing all my acros daily and have not seen anymore after the first 3 days of treatment. Will keep blowing them off daily for at least a month (AEFW life cycle is 21 days).
So your saying dan sf corals had aefw ?

What does the Thurmans rainbow look like ?
1000002239.jpg

I do agree it's weird as I was there when we dipped most of his corals and saw nothing.

I am 100% sure I did not have AEFW. In an earlier tank I had AEFW and Planaria (which were mostly harmless but very annoying), and I learned my lesson. Every coral that went into the tank either came from a source I trusted beyond reproach (battlecorals or therman), or was QTed for 60 days with multiple dips. If I saw anything suspicious in any of the dips I just threw away everything in QT. I once threw away like 15 frags because I saw some suspicious looking bugs in the 2nd or 3rd dip and it wasn't worth the risk. AEFW are easy to spot if you know what to look for and there is no chance they could make it through my QT. The tank had aiptasia and dinos (though I believe every tank has dinos if you look under the microscope). It did not have any fish or coral pests.

Went on a two week vacation and came back home to a pretty nasty case of dinos (ostreopsis) in the frag tank. Added a 25W UW and did a black out for a few days and it’s mostly cleared up. Adam bomb took a color hit, but it seems like it continued encrusting.

View attachment 57989

A couple more trips, a nutrient spike from a blackout and the dinos got the better of me for a bit. Frag tank is finally normal again and no more dinos overtaking everything. Normally, I’m on top of these things, but, you know life.

So now we’ll have to wait and see if my acro recovery/growing skills are really any good. This Adam Bomb frag is probably 95% gone. Maybe more than that. :( There’s the tiniest little amount of colored flesh in 3 maybe 4 spots.

IMG_2985.jpeg

Last edited:
Back