Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Candy Crush Jawbreaker Mushrooms

I waited several years and ended up with no green and a huge mess with all the babies. As fast as these reproduce you would think they would be worth a couple of dollars. I kind of wonder if these are true Candy Crush.

I waited several years and ended up with no green and a huge mess with all the babies. As fast as these reproduce you would think they would be worth a couple of dollars. I kind of wonder if these are true Candy Crush.
Mine have started producing some green after sitting in @CaseyP tank doing nothing. Must be something behind that but idk.

IMG_2452.jpeg

Up to FOUR green spots!! :p At this rate, I may have a green stripe 10 years after getting it in my tank.

View attachment 59695
Might be quicker to look at inventing coral safe paint or dyes lmao

Yet on a serious note, if you were to frag splitting the mouths, the sections with green it could possible grow out becoming slightly more dominant as it grows back.

Might be quicker to look at inventing coral safe paint or dyes lmao

Yet on a serious note, if you were to frag splitting the mouths, the sections with green it could possible grow out becoming slightly more dominant as it grows back.

My baby regular jawbreaker grew a fat red streak because it split/was cut in such a way that it included a red patch along the growth edge. Maybe you could attempt that with one of these?

A few of mine are having an issue which I’m trying to battle back from. Bummer that one was showing the most green. Has anyone seen something similar happen? Here are a few pictures.

IMG_3463.jpeg
IMG_3363.jpeg
IMG_3280.jpeg

Last edited:
Could some kind of fish or pest be nibbling on them? I think dip regardless, maybe put a few in a cage to see if it’s fish related

Back