Reef nutrition

DBTC: PC Rainbow

A couple more trips, a nutrient spike from a blackout and the dinos got the better of me for a bit. Frag tank is finally normal again and no more dinos overtaking everything. Normally, I’m on top of these things, but, you know life.

So now we’ll have to wait and see if my acro recovery/growing skills are really any good. This Adam Bomb frag is probably 95% gone. Maybe more than that. :( There’s the tiniest little amount of colored flesh in 3 maybe 4 spots.

View attachment 59437
Daymn. I would have bet that you were going to win too. Ups and downs happens to all of us. And here I thought I was the only one it happens too. lol.

image.jpg

Here’s mine after the aquarium upgrade, rust in my mixing container, light changes, swings and whatnot. I’ve lost a bunch of acros but this one is still hanging on.

I was able to update the name. Is this what you're referring too?

For those who aren't aware. After seeing this piece grow out a few of us have come to realize that it indeed is not BC Adam bomb due to the growth pattern and new growth color. Adam bomb has no green even in new growth.

I was able to update the name. Is this what you're referring too?
The DBTC title still says BC Adam Bomb. I was thinking we should remove the name altogether or even just remove this coral from the DBTC entirely. I'm not sure who's call that would be, other than yours I suppose.

Are you saying this is pc rainbow? Not adam bomb.

View attachment 60765
Left one i recently got from you, right the just about half dead one I left in the tank that's trying to come back.

View attachment 60766View attachment 60767
Two different ones I can confirm are indeed pc rainbow.
Yes. Andy contacted Adam from BC and he confirmed that BC Adam bomb never shows any other color than red at the new growth and only shows a bit a yellow at the tips.

Dan's tank at the time when we broke down was very hard to see into and almost all acros has lost true colors. His collection was so vast that over time and being away from the tank so long he probably mistaken what was placed where and there was also a lot of dead colonies. He did his best to try and ID the live colonies as we were pulling them out but most likely made a mistake.

I'll try and snap a pic of my colony if I remember tomorrow.
Cool, I just wanted to get confirmation. They do look similar, though the two pc rainbow frags never gained the neon geeen look some of the contest peices did in the update photos. I guess They were never in as rough a shape as the browned out ones were and just by passed it. They aren't from the same source.

Back