Jestersix

DBTC: ROYGBIV Rhodactis mushroom

Unfortunately, this died today or was (partially) eaten. I could not glue this properly so it came off; then I tried rubber, and it was almost entirely taken apart within 24 hours. This was a very nice coral, and I have no other coral where this happened, but I believe it was how I tried to keep it onto the frag tile. Maybe the next frag workshop should explain how to frag corals that cannot be (easily) glued.

IMG_6085.jpeg

Unfortunately, this died today or was (partially) eaten. I could not glue this properly so it came off; then I tried rubber, and it was almost entirely taken apart within 24 hours. This was a very nice coral, and I have no other coral where this happened, but I believe it was how I tried to keep it onto the frag tile. Maybe the next frag workshop should explain how to frag corals that cannot be (easily) glued.

View attachment 49792

For mushrooms, I find a rubble filled mushroom cage to be a good solution. I can print them on demand for pickup in Redwood City, and others have a copy of the file to.

Hard to tell what's going on in the pic. You sure it's just not unhappy?

For mushrooms, I find a rubble filled mushroom cage to be a good solution. I can print them on demand for pickup in Redwood City, and others have a copy of the file to.

Hard to tell what's going on in the pic. You sure it's just not unhappy?

Thank you, yes, I was not clear and I did not share the picture 24 hours later when it was totally taken apart. Should have posted this too. I will consider this next time. Thank you.

View attachment 49792

For mushrooms that aren’t attached to anything, I put them on rubble or larger frag disk, and let them attach on their own. If in an area of minimal flow they can just sit there, if in an area of flow use a mushroom cage (that’s what they are for) or just a deli cup like we use for swapping, with rubble/disk in it.

I generally don’t use rubber bands for mushrooms since it‘s hard to get the tension right. Too loose and they don’t work, too tight and they hurt the mushroom.

Back