High Tide Aquatics

DBTC RRC Goldenrod Anacropora

gatohoser

Supporting Member
Coral description
bright yellow. smooth. fragile. densely growing ball shape.
Coral light, flow, and difficulty
Medium to high light. Flow medium to high. Difficulty low to medium.
Hello all! Thanks to @ReyDeFarts for making this happen and being the motivation and the time and effort he put into sharing this coral. I had a large colony of this in need of some heavy trimming and he has generously offered to bring it up from Salinas to a frag swap recently and I understand it has been shared around. He suggested I make this post to start the DBTC for it. Standard rules look good to me and I'll definitely have more of it to come soon. The colony is still about volleyball size I would wager.

This is a fast growing, lower light SPS that's a good one to dip your toe into when you've got digitatas down and is always a nice splash of bright yellow which is hard to find in SPS tanks. I believe this coral was already shared with many in the club so please post here if you can to keep the DBTC going. Thanks!

1000004492.jpg

Top down in heavy blue
1000004789.jpg

Watching inappropriate reefer at the start of my hobby, goldenrod was one of those corals I wanted for a while. Got one at the frag swap, we will see how it does!

You weren’t joking about the fragile skeleton by the way. I got a pice of green goblin and during gluing it pretty much fell apart haha

I just created this DBTC for you in BARCode, and added myself to the chain in BARCode. I can do it since I’m an admin, but for others who were given frags the giver (@gatohoser) needs to do it. BARCode is pretty easy to use, check it out, and if you have questions or need help let me know!

Thanks for sharing this!

Last edited:
I love to get a frag. My tank finally stabilized. Lost a couple of mature colony buy hey i now have real estate to add new corals
I have one that I haven't been able to mount in my tank, due to maroons keep knocking it loose before the glue can fully cure. Your welcome to it if your intrested. Just toss me a future frag of it.

Last edited:
I have one that I haven't been able to mount in my tank, due to maroons keep knocking it loose before the glue can fully cure. Your welcome to it if your intrested. Just toss me a future frag of it.
Awesome. I’m traveling for the next 2 weeks, can I pick up when I return?

Hello all! Thanks to @ReyDeFarts for making this happen and being the motivation and the time and effort he put into sharing this coral. I had a large colony of this in need of some heavy trimming and he has generously offered to bring it up from Salinas to a frag swap recently and I understand it has been shared around. He suggested I make this post to start the DBTC for it. Standard rules look good to me and I'll definitely have more of it to come soon. The colony is still about volleyball size I would wager.

This is a fast growing, lower light SPS that's a good one to dip your toe into when you've got digitatas down and is always a nice splash of bright yellow which is hard to find in SPS tanks. I believe this coral was already shared with many in the club so please post here if you can to keep the DBTC going. Thanks!

View attachment 57094

Top down in heavy blue
View attachment 57093
I received one from the frag swap, but wow! Didn't realize the mother colony was this spectacular. The whole tank looks so mature, like a real reef wall.

My piece is green. Nearly as green as my green goblin. Does this mean it needs more light or do I just need to wait? It's actively growing, but it's nestled amongst my zoas @150 par

My piece is green. Nearly as green as my green goblin. Does this mean it needs more light or do I just need to wait? It's actively growing, but it's nestled amongst my zoas @150 par
Mine is in like 500-600 PAR which it hates and bleaches at the peak but it's very yellow and has been for four years so maybe just give it time. It is brighter yellow in lower light in my past frags I've made.

Back