Reef nutrition

Dec. Meeting - Thank You BAR Members!

Thanks to all who attended the December meeting. We had an interesting guest speaker, and a successful raffle. Many thanks to Reed Mariculture and Gresham for the generous donations.

To-Arbitrate won the 1-year supply of Reed products! Guess who won the EuroReef Protein Skimmer? - - - Gresham! And he only invested $20!

It wasn't rigged, I mixed the tickets up real good. :lol:

The club collected $410 in raffle proceeds. In a way, we're all winners.

Jim

come on mark you know the deal, no selling of won goods... you have to donate it to the next raffle and it can be passed around like grandma Murphy's fruitcake of 1938.

Hehehe... yep, I passed on the that light at the November raffle for that reason. I shoulda went for it though... redoing prop tank now.

sfsuphysics said:
come on mark you know the deal, no selling of won goods... you have to donate it to the next raffle and it can be passed around like grandma Murphy's fruitcake of 1938.

Lemme try to trace the pedigree of that MH system: somehow it started with Gresham, he donated it to Seabay raffle, _______ won it, donated it to BAR raffle, two meetings ago nobody wanted it, it went back to the pool, now Mark's got it, he doesn't want it, ....

Grandma Murphy's fruitcake, indeed.

This is the big bell shaped pendant. So unless you are hanging it from the ceieling, it probably ownt work for you. If you want to hang in a canopy, your canopy needs to be at least 16inches tall.

It's a Coralife 175 SE BELL pendant with a 10KK bulb. Ballast was used for 2 years, bulb is brand new. The thing is HUGE (tall).

That was a flipping outstanding presentation by Dr. Caldwell, even if we had to see it on the laptop screen :D I sure wish I could have fixed what ever problem we were having, he had more to show us!

He got me wanting (again) to keep mantis :D

Goes to show... we have reefers that can keep water conditions fairly accurately to mimic the ocean to keep the most delicate of delicate creatures.... but no one could work a computer to save their life ;)

He's a picture of Roy and the attentive audience. Sorry for the late posting.
RoyatBARweb.jpg

Back