Reef nutrition

Derek's 225g - Magnifica / SPS Reef

YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED AS OUR FIRST IG TANK SHOWCASE ON FACEBOOK + INSTAGRAM!

I will be using content posted on your thread! Congrats :)
IMG_0090.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a dual fuel house generator for power outages, but it requires manual intervention to activate. I decided to get an EcoFlow Delta 2 with the recent sale on Amazon, and hooked it up into the bottom of my electrical cabinet today:

IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1971.jpg

I have just my waveengine plugged into it, so if there's a power outage both my returns and the xf350 gyre will stay operational, uninterrupted. It'll power these for 9-10 hrs (1kwh) which should buy plenty of time until I can turn on the big generator.

I have a dual fuel house generator for power outages, but it requires manual intervention to activate. I decided to get an EcoFlow Delta 2 with the recent sale on Amazon, and hooked it up into the bottom of my electrical cabinet today:

View attachment 57742View attachment 57743

I have just my waveengine plugged into it, so if there's a power outage both my returns and the xf350 gyre will stay operational, uninterrupted. It'll power these for 9-10 hrs (1kwh) which should buy plenty of time until I can turn on the big generator.
I bought some of these ecoflows as well. Make sure to go into lab settings and enable the always on setting. I'd also recommend trying to find a second way to monitor it being on.

I've had mine randomly turn off, despite all those settings being flipped. Particularly it's happened when unplugging and plugging it in, which is the main use case any of us would have it (triggering around a power outage).

I'd consider connecting one wave maker not to the battery backup if possible.

I bought some of these ecoflows as well. Make sure to go into lab settings and enable the always on setting. I'd also recommend trying to find a second way to monitor it being on.

I've had mine randomly turn off, despite all those settings being flipped. Particularly it's happened when unplugging and plugging it in, which is the main use case any of us would have it (triggering around a power outage).

I'd consider connecting one wave maker not to the battery backup if possible.

Thanks, yeah my Jebao is currently separate from the battery. I am considering making one of the return pumps separate as well just for the redundancy. Which ecoflow models do you have? I didn't see any reference to those settings in the manual, and it's been running (as an EPS - so direct AC current bypassing the battery) all day now. I did see there's an app... is the app worth it?

My wife and I have been having discussions about generators and power backups. Having multiple tanks and in different spots in the house, makes it a challenge.

Thanks, yeah my Jebao is currently separate from the battery. I am considering making one of the return pumps separate as well just for the redundancy. Which ecoflow models do you have? I didn't see any reference to those settings in the manual, and it's been running (as an EPS - so direct AC current bypassing the battery) all day now. I did see there's an app... is the app worth it?
In the app - click on the device then the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, at the bottom under "other" will be lab features" - click AC always on and then make sure AC timeout is set to never

If you don't see Lab Features, you may have to upgrade to the latest firmware - 1.2.5.33

Back