Kessil

Dish VS Direct TV

You mean like the MLB package?

Their DVR is awesome 4 tv's all on the same one oh and BTW internet service at very fast rates. think I pay $120 for DVR, HD channels, all movie channels, and 3 receivers oh and essentially T-1 speed internet

I like my Direct TV and never really have had any problems with support, they keep their customer service stateside (Utah?). Every now and again I call up and pretend I'm really unhappy and they throw me a bone, I do the same with my phone service and internet. Squeaky wheel gets a greasin'.

Only real issues I've had with DirecTV is having gone from the old regular service to wanting HD content, they had a special but of course it's only for new members, so I get to an email bitchfest explaining how I've been a customer for 8+ years, and threatened to go to Dish or Cable... that got them to change their tune, they gave me the HD-DVR free too, along with some pay channels for a few months.

However all those little fees add up, I have one of the smaller packages with no pay channels, but I do have the HD channels (+10 per month), and the DVR (+5 per month) so before I realize it I'm paying almost $70 for television... *sigh*.. that's one of the reasons I don't have a cell phone, I can't see the cost as being worth what I get.

Luckily TV + Internet + Home Phone service is still cheaper than most of the "bundles" out there because my phone service is very basic and DSL is still an incredible deal.

Back