High Tide Aquatics

Dosing kalk and scheduling it with AFR

L/B Block

Supporting Member
I have edited this thread a bit…from pumps to actual kalk and AFR dosing

For those dosing AFR-what is your timing on dosing both in terms of separation of time-

That is kalk overnight but do you wait a certain amount of time before resuming AFR..

And have you seen any evidence of precipitation-it came up in a chat in a different forum so I am now curious….

TIA (again)

Last edited:
I’m using Neptune DOS. It’s not quiet but I have it in the garage, tubing going through the wall to where the tank is. The new one is supposed to be quieter. It can dose a lot of volume and frequently. I’m dosing 6 liters a day during lights out and part of the morning, it doses about every 10 min.

I’m using Neptune DOS. It’s not quiet but I have it in the garage, tubing going through the wall to where the tank is. The new one is supposed to be quieter. It can dose a lot of volume and frequently. I’m dosing 6 liters a day during lights out and part of the morning, it doses about every 10 min.
May check out the new DOS QD. I have an original -my wife would not be happy having that run overnight -but it is an idea

I run an old school prosthetic pump on a timer that Arnold gave me. It’s the best doser I’ve ever used. They were popular around 2002-2005. Sometimes old tech is the best tech.
Same. Just let it flow over like 2 hours into an accurate cup and weigh it, then divide out by the amount of time to find the true flow rate. You don't need Wi-Fi control.

The Versas are pretty nice. I use them for regular 2 part dosing as well as high volume auto water change. Very quiet, easy to configure and calibrate.
Second that. I did dose up to 3,000 ml Kalk at night with them during my Kalk days. I currently have five of them, but one has a strange issue which Ecotech has been trying to resolve for several days (kept dosing while Mobius showed 0 dosing and device was stopped). Generally very positive experience though.

Back