Neptune Aquatics

Dosing Magnesium Chloride. Will you still have any sort of residual buildup of anything (sulfates) like dosing Mag Sulfate?

tuberider said:
Matt_Wandell said:
Michael del Prete behaves in a way that makes me never want to buy a product from him regardless of how good it is.

You gotta admit that's a sweet picture I posted, I'd hang out with him for sure.

Heh, reminds me of the Morrie Kessler commercial from Goodfellas where he's struggling to keep his toupee on.

Last time I spoke about him he appeared and threatened to sue me :lol:

Then there was that time he threatened to sue the sac reef club MARS over their website URL.

Then there's that bogus report he touts.

Then there's....

no thanks

GreshamH said:
Last time I spoke about him he appeared and threatened to sue me :lol:

Then there was that time he threatened to sue the sac reef club MARS over their website URL.

Then there's that bogus report he touts.

Then there's....

no thanks
come on Gresham,don't leave us hanging,keep it coming.:)

Lapsan

I'd prefer not to have to deal with him again. Occasionally I have to see him at trade shows and that is bad enough.

Oh he sure is. Funny how he's in San Carlos and barely any one in the bay area uses his salt or even sells it :lol:

would the sulfates from dosing epson salt accumulate in the water column or the rock itself?

if in the water column, would regular water changes get rid of the accumulation concern?

Thales said:
Not sure about the rock.
The ration of Mag chloride to Mag sulfate should be 10:1

Doesnt the ratio you should aim for also depend on the type/brand of salt being used? I just picked up a bucket of Seachem ReefSalt. Based on their website, they list the sulfate in their salt mix at something like 2250 ppm, mixed at 1.025. So it seems dosing Mag Sulfate would ultimately impact the overall sulfate mix in the salt. I'm wondering at what levels (above or below the idea range for sulfate) sulfate will have an impact on coral growth, etc.

Thanks!

Thales said:
Thats why Mg sulfate is the small part of the ratio. Besides, how are you going to test for sulfate? :D

No idea.. :~ Just asking to see what the thought is surrounding this. I'd rather just use Mag Sulfate since that's the easier and cheaper part of the ratio to find locally. What impact does sulfate have on a reef tank anyway?

Back