Our mission

EMERGENCY!!! Looking for someone who can save my reef tank while I am away.

Joseph Lee

Supporting Member
Here is my situation: I am outside town for a while and my 3 LED strips and canister filter (with bio media) plugged in (on a smart plug) are automatically turned off due to an internet outage (an old modem I guessing).
So my tank has been running without the lighting and canister filter for around two days now.

Here are some things that I need:
1) Buy 3 timers and a power strip
2) Unplug all three LED strips (that are plugged into the smart plugs) and install three timers for all three led strips separately. There is a power outlet right next to the reef tank.
3) Set up two reef Brite led strips to turn on for 10 hours a day
4) Set up the middle LED strip to turn on for 8 hours a day
5) Plug in the Canister filter without the smart plug. (just remove it since the smart plug is turned off)

Could you pls message me if you know a professional reef tank service person or someone who is trusted and reliable? Thank you so much!!
Preferred day and Time: 8/3 Wed at around 6 PM

1659498089202.png

Last edited:
OK I think I know what happened. The multi outlet that powers the entire tank (including the router) got loose and lost power connection for two days. I think all of my fishes and acros are dead by now already. Do you think my LPS and softies would survive this?

The power came back on by simply readjusting the plug! Hope nothing worse happens while I am away till mid-Aug. Sigh.

When you take a vacation, make sure that all plugs are firmly intact and secure!
This is the first disaster in the past 17 years of reefing. I am going to make a set-up that is more disaster-proof by adding battery backup, different outlets, etc.

Here is the picture of the dead fish.
1659579438117.png

Looks like most of the acro are dead.
1659579864342.png

Last edited:
The power came back on by simply readjusting the plug! Hope nothing worse happens while I am away till mid-Aug. Sigh.

When you take a vacation, make sure that all plugs are firmly intact and secure!
This is the first disaster in the past 17 years of reefing. I am going to make a set-up that is more disaster-proof by adding battery backup, different outlets, etc.

Here is the picture of the dead fish.
View attachment 40962

Looks like most of the acro are dead.
View attachment 40963
sorry to hear about it. once u restart, let me know once you are ready again, and ill replace those sps you got from me.

Back