Our mission

EMERGENCY!!! Looking for someone who can save my reef tank while I am away.

Oh man, so sorry to hear the bad news! This is why I got so stressed out every time we went on vacations.
BTW, what kind of power strip/plug was it? One of the Smart Power Strip like Kasa?
 

Joseph Lee

Supporting Member
Oh man, so sorry to hear the bad news! This is why I got so stressed out every time we went on vacations.
BTW, what kind of power strip/plug was it? One of the Smart Power Strip like Kasa?
No I use something like this. The problem is actually due to the outlet being very old (old house) and loose from the beginning.
So part of this situation is actually my fault now that I think about it.
1659631595639.png



Looks like all of my fish are dead and only a few corals are surviving.
Very thankful to the person who is going to perform a big water change today.
1659631322484.png
 

Joseph Lee

Supporting Member
If the outlet is loose, it is actually is a fire hazard. Loose outlets can potentially lead to electricity arcing which can lead to fire.
At least half of the outlets in our house are very loose. Thanks for letting me know, I need to let them know about this.
 

Joseph Lee

Supporting Member
Lost all my fish and at least about 80% of my corals. My landlord's limited availability also made it worse.
The most painful part is saying goodbye to the corals that have been with me for the past 4-5 years (e.g., chalice colonies).
Well....life goes on, I am contemplating what I should do next like taking a break, a different tank set up, or resetting the current tank.

By the way, I just named these two "immortal green" and "immortal forest fire".
1659666696297.png


1659667554450.png
 
Top