Cali Kid Corals

Favorite step stool or stepladder?

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
Since I have a big boy tank now and I'm height challenged, I was wondering what people are using for stepladders on their tanks (and kitchens)? Pluses for ones that are salt resistant and fold easily but really sturdy. Price is flexible too if really high quality.

1000004825.jpg

Since I have a big boy tank now and I'm height challenged, I was wondering what people are using for stepladders on their tanks (and kitchens)? Pluses for ones that are salt resistant and fold easily but really sturdy. Price is flexible too if really high quality.

View attachment 60774
I have a cheap plastics foot stool and a standard home depot style 6ft Aluminum folding ladder.

My short height and not long enough arms means i still can't touch bottom of the tank with it top of the stand even with the ladder. I have to use tongs or grabbers. I can probably reach 6 inches from the bottom.

This is what you want, and what I use. WAY more stable than the crappy common narrow ones, doesn’t rust, and most importantly you can set it front of your tank and move back and forth to access the whole tank without moving the stool, like scaffolding:

IMG_2806.png

Oh and the legs fold so you can hang it on the wall in your garage or whatever. I use mine all the time around the house. They’re awesome.

Lots of options with pros and cons.

Since you have a rimless tank, a stepladder with a bucket (yellow thing) to keep tools and frags on is handy. I have and use this step ladder for general housework too and the bucket is very useful.
gorilla-ladders-platform-ladders-gla-4xb-64_600.jpg

If a bucket isn't needed, a work platform is nice so that you don't have to keep moving the stepladder side to side. My tank is in the dining area which has a dining bench, so similar to the work platform. I use this to do my maintenance
gorilla-ladders-work-platforms-glwp-47-64_1000.jpg

This is what you want, and what I use. WAY more stable than the crappy common narrow ones, doesn’t rust, and most importantly you can set it front of your tank and move back and forth to access the whole tank without moving the stool, like scaffolding:

View attachment 60776

Oh and the legs fold so you can hang it on the wall in your garage or whatever. I use mine all the time around the house. They’re awesome.
[/QUOTE
Sheetrock stilts are adjustable ! Lol
Just need a snorkle for when he falls into the tank and all good than.

I like the Little Giant steps tools...built like a rock and folds up when not in use..most importantly, they're solid when extended properly and give you a steady base to work from.
Screenshot_20240923-193547_Chrome.jpg

Back