Neptune Aquatics

Finally Introducing Myself

Hi BAR,

I've been reefing since 2009 (took a couple years off when I moved up to the bay area from San Diego). Since moving to the bay (I'm in Union City now) I've had a Nuvo 40g and now a Waterbox 100g over ~4 years. I'll be upgrading to a Crystal Dynamics 230g soon but for now, here's an old pic of my softy and RBTA dominated 100g :)

-Brad

Attachments

• IMG_9493.jpg
    IMG_9493.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 266
Welcome to the group! What a beautiful softy tank! Did the RBTAs stay over on their rocks? Also, what am I seeing top left that looks like a window to a RBTA? Reflection?

Welcome to the group! What a beautiful softy tank! Did the RBTAs stay over on their rocks? Also, what am I seeing top left that looks like a window to a RBTA? Reflection?

That's an anemone jail! I drilled additional holes in a filter cup where I held anemones before selling them. :p It doesn't always work -1 got out and split and both are still on the left side :(

I have since upgraded to an acclimation box which is working much better.

Last edited:
Welcome to BAR!
Hope you do a fun build thread on the new tank.

I do want to write up a build thread. I like the idea of having local people to think through ideas and find solutions. I'm am also expecting my first child in the next couple of weeks though. I will have several months off work where I expect to plan for this, but it's very possible I've overestimated the amount of free time I'm going to have and the tank will sit in my garage for several months o_O

I do want to write up a build thread. I like the idea of having local people to think through ideas and find solutions. I'm am also expecting my first child in the next couple of weeks though. I will have several months off work where I expect to plan for this, but it's very possible I've overestimated the amount of free time I'm going to have and the tank will sit in my garage for several months o_O
If this is your first kid, it’s very likely that you have overestimated your free time. Those first 8 weeks or so can be brutal. Good luck.

There’s a good reason for paternity leave and it has nothing to do with setting up a new tank :)

Haha yes, and I'm far more excited for that than setting up a new tank. This is my first so I really have no idea what the next few months are going to look like and how much time & energy I'll actually have.

Back