High Tide Aquatics

First time Apex user

Turn on the log for certain items. I use it for heaters and fans and stuff that are turning in and off intermittently. This way I can see if the spikes are caused by it or not.

Don’t really need to enable logging for it. Just plot the power usage for the heater or the fan on the graph.

Last edited:
I have still yet to find a need to upgrade. I’ll never get the trident and the power monitor is not worth the money

I guarantee it will make your reef tank a thousand times better. For real!*

*actually, it’ll be like a thousand divided by a thousand times better.

Turn on the log for certain items. I use it for heaters and fans and stuff that are turning in and off intermittently. This way I can see if the spikes are caused by it or not.
Yea I just looked at all of them overlapping and nothing stuck out when the skimmer suddenly spiked. I did remove the air hose from the silencer and it instantly dropped back down to normal range so maybe that’s the issue is the change in air intake?

I have still yet to find a need to upgrade. I’ll never get the trident and the power monitor is not worth the money
Yea on the trident front I feel it’s funny since most of us I feel know that the first gen anything is not really worth buying and waiting for gen2 is a much better option. I heard the process to change reagents now takes almost 2-3 hours lol

Yea on the trident front I feel it’s funny since most of us I feel know that the first gen anything is not really worth buying and waiting for gen2 is a much better option. I heard the process to change reagents now takes almost 2-3 hours lol

The physical activity takes a minute. Priming the lines is what takes forever, but you’re not sitting there watching it, so really a moot point.

Of course a gen 2 will always be better (most times), but what’s the fun in that? I might else well wait for gen 3 because that’ll be even better with even more features.

For what Trident is and what it was meant to be, I would put my stamp of approval on it. Yeah, sure there are minor quirks, like taking forever to prime waste and sample lines, but it does exactly what it’s supposed to do and gives me a little more insight into my reef tank than before. Does it make my reef suddenly grow acros 5x faster? No, but it saves me a little time having to manually test and gives me that little extra nugget of daily info to get stability a little better (even more so for lazy reefers that rarely/never test).

Last edited:
Thats good to hear. I mean I really haven’t heard anything super negative about it and the thought of having those parameters graphed out is enticing to say the least. Maybe I get myself a nice Christmas present this year....

Automatic testing is great. Especially if you are a lazy reefer like me that procrastinates on testing. :)

I am glad I bought me ReefBot. Not saying it is better than Trident though.

Happy to report it’s probbaly the stupid silencing sponge on the skimmer. Since unplugging the air hose and have a direct feed the skimmer has stayed normal at 17-18watts without any strange spikes. I guess it was air draw after all. Thanks for the help everyone! I look foreword to the next problem my apex let’s me know I’ve had.

Back