Cali Kid Corals

Flat worms and Radion

100's from my pink goni. Wouldn't notice them if I didn't use radion.

20230220_111742.jpg
20230220_111748.jpg
20230220_111911.jpg
20230220_112637.jpg
20230220_111804.jpg

Last edited:
They look more like red planaria to me, a pretty common flatworm which I have had in my tank for a couple years with no real ill effects. Freshwater dips upset them, as well as high flow. I haven't tried flatworm exit as someone from this forum (I don't remember who) told me flatworm exit may harm the coral, and I still see plenty of growth even with the flatworms.

Daymn. Depending on the size of your system. Flatworm exit and ones like it. Can get really expensive. I’ve done it for almost a year a bunch of years ago. Flatworms always came back. Wrasse are your friends.

They look more like red planaria to me, a pretty common flatworm which I have had in my tank for a couple years with no real ill effects. Freshwater dips upset them, as well as high flow. I haven't tried flatworm exit as someone from this forum (I don't remember who) told me flatworm exit may harm the coral, and I still see plenty of growth even with the flatworms.
Flatworm exit itself doesn't hurt much. The dying flatworms are the issue.

Daymn. Depending on the size of your system. Flatworm exit and ones like it. Can get really expensive. I’ve done it for almost a year a bunch of years ago. Flatworms always came back. Wrasse are your friends.
What type of wrase? I have 3 in tank.

Yeah, after seeing more pictures and then in a bucket, more likely red planaria.

I hear melanurus and yellow coris are good for flatworms. I have three leopards and never had flatworms, but don't now if any were ever introduced to the tank in the first place. The springer damsel I had in a separate frag tank didn't do squat to the red planaria infestation in there.

Back