Cali Kid Corals

Flow

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Two things.

1) This is a great video about Gonis.

2) I’m really struggling to get the right flow in my tank and I believe it is affecting my livestock to some degree. I have a split return with dual RFGs running at around 1800 gph. And I have two Neptune WAV pumps, one on each side of the overflow box. These pumps have a range of 1800-4000 gph. This is in a 5’ peninsula tank.

I love the wave-type flow that can be seen in the video above, but I just can’t seem to get that to work.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I know this is very vague but I don’t know what else to try short of having someone with experience come to my house and help me figure it out.

Well just looking at some of his other videos what I can piece together is he's running 2 Jebao DCP-5000s (although one of them maybe a feed pump for a frag tank or something else in the sump (needs to work on his plumbing, some other Jebao DC pump in the tank (it's near his overflow) and 2 Tunze pumps (unknown model) one in the back corner pointing down and forward, and the other in the front shooting straight across. I don't see the water level oscillating at all, so no wavebox going on, but really unsure how much of a pulse he has going on.

I'm guessing all your flow is fairly localized due to it being a peninsula tank, and that one thing I hate about peninsula tanks, if they're long you have to put some flow on a side that kind of negates the whole point of doing a peninsula.

I have no experience with each pumps, maybe you could see what a couple of the biggest gyres look like if anyone could let you borrow them for an hour or so?

Back