Reef nutrition

Fluval E-300 300 watt heater for sale over at amazon and Walmart.

that's a great deal... I think I paid $45 - $50 for mine over eBay. By far my favorite heaters.

I bought like 10 of these so far...might just stock up, some more now. hah.

that's a great deal... I think I paid $45 - $50 for mine over eBay. By far my favorite heaters.

I bought like 10 of these so far...might just stock up, some more now. hah.
What do you like about it so much? How long have you had some of them so far? All the 300 watt version or different sizes?

What do you like about it so much? How long have you had some of them so far? All the 300 watt version or different sizes?
About 2 years now... Mostly 300W versions, but also have 100W and 50W.

Things I like about it:
  1. Digital display that is also color-changing to indicate temp range so I can always get an quick at a glance view,
  2. Electronic temperature control for accurate settings
  3. Most importantly, very stable temp
  4. in case you stick the heater into the main display area, it's caged so no risk of nems making direct contact (I've had nems cookout before on exposed heaters, even when I thought it was impossible for the nem to reach)
Only nit is that it's pretty large compared to other equally sized heaters... need extra headroom for electronics

About 2 years now... Mostly 300W versions, but also have 100W and 50W.

Things I like about it:
  1. Digital display that is also color-changing to indicate temp range so I can always get an quick at a glance view,
  2. Electronic temperature control for accurate settings
  3. Most importantly, very stable temp
  4. in case you stick the heater into the main display area, it's caged so no risk of nems making direct contact (I've had nems cookout before on exposed heaters, even when I thought it was impossible for the nem to reach)
Only nit is that it's pretty large compared to other equally sized heaters... need extra headroom for electronics
I should also add, that I run my tanks in an unheated shed with windows cracked open as well as in my garage. Have no problems running with E-series heaters and maintaining temp even in the colder than normal winter season now.

My titanium heater of 15 years finally died. Is the Fluval the best option right now? Amazon has so many off brands, Im not sure which heater to go with. Im running my spare ebo jager right now.

Just get another titanium heater, if the last one lasted 15 years that would be a good vote of confidence to me
Im not familiar with any of the brands that make titanium heaters these days so Im concerned about quality. I just ordered a couple of the Fluval E300s from Steve at Lucky Ocean.

Im not familiar with any of the brands that make titanium heaters these days so Im concerned about quality. I just ordered a couple of the Fluval E300s from Steve at Lucky Ocean.
I haven't seen Steve in ages! I'm glad he's still around. The last couple times I went to Lucky Ocean he wasn't there.

Let's not jinx him in to retirement lol. Im glad he is still there and hope he stays another 20 years. When I was working nearby, I would stop by a few times every week. He still calls me Gavin some times lol.

Back