Jestersix

Frag rack on sand bed

Am looking for some ideas to add a frag rack on an area in my main tank on the sand bed. Any suggestion for a good looking solution? I do not want to add egg crates.
Basically an elevated platform I can add above the sand bed.
I saw couple of pics in the past from @Chromis and @RandyC but I cannot find it.
Any suggestions?

Am looking for some ideas to add a frag rack on an area in my main tank on the sand bed. Any suggestion for a good looking solution? I do not want to add egg crates.
I saw couple of pics in the past from @Chromis and @RandyC but I cannot find it.
Any suggestions?
LMAO -- i was just gonna say egg crate. I use egg crate on PVC posts to raise it off the sand. you could surround it with rubble to make it better looking... :)

No, am talking about more of a shelve than a small frag rack..

Yeh egg crate looks so ugly, this is something I want in the display tank
if you cover it up full of frags... not one will see the rack.

And BTW, what are you trying to tell me about my tank?? (admittedly, I was gonna move the rack to the back and hide the posts... but certain advantage to having teh rack up front for me to monitor the pieces. )

1595614527679.png

1595614945029.png

I am interested to see if there is such a thing as a good looking option. Here is what I use, far from good looking and requires a magnet on the exterior. I do like that it is simple to move to various par levels when acclimating frags to the light.

Aquatic collection has these in stock and I love them. You can burry it in the sandbed a bit to hide most and then have the frags safely secured.

Attachments

• CA04253D-114D-45C3-8FFF-9ED20C828415.png
    CA04253D-114D-45C3-8FFF-9ED20C828415.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 210
Any suggestions?

I use black egg crate. If you want a rack that looks nice, check out Building an Obsession or Zen Reef.

I got this from the advanced acrylic eBay outlet and they’re nice, the legs would be able to go into the sand and then you’d have just the black base sticking up. I also bought a bag of frag rocks from two little fishes and they have a sturdy base with room for a few frags. Here’s a pic of mine with a coral you have me in it, sadly the move knocked 2/3 pieces off but as long as you aren’t putting them in a bucket in a car they’re sturdy haha. I am using both of them for my frag tank because my gf said the egg crates would look too industrial
E3EC6BBC-E70A-4307-8806-FBBB0CE0B649.jpeg
AB0BDCC1-4336-4401-99C5-F0E561C28801.jpeg

You can go the eshopps route, once the magnets for mine broke/got lost I just placed the rack on the tank bottom, where it became a house for my cucumber-slash-frag rack:
c5e46b8c7a429f84a630ee7fb719c0fe.jpg

Or build one at Tap Plastics.

I would get a flat rock and a concrete drill bit and drill holes in it. That’s what I did. Eventually the holes disappear with life. Here’s mine. Can barely tel, that there are 25 holes in that rock.

image.jpg

Yeah I just like the look of rocks vs plastic racks. But Then again, I have 3 in my tank.
My problem with the rock is that it will basically sit on top of the samd and risteickr flow from groin underneath it.
I wanted something bit elevated so I do not block the sand from my sand workers lile the tigertail and the snails...

Back