Kessil

FREE 24' LPS Growout Contest - Dragon Soul Favia

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
IMG_1695.jpeg

Not much going on here. Color is good I guess.

I noticed these two little white growths on my Dragon Soul Favia. I thought they were pineapple sponges at first but then noticed the hollow tube in the middle. I was thinking they could be feather duster worm tubes with sponge growth on the outside, but I haven’t seen any feather duster poke its head out. Could it be coral boring spionid worms?

Either way, I’m gonna go to town on it with the dental pick.

Dragon Soul Favia Worm.PNG

I noticed these two little white growths on my Dragon Soul Favia. I thought they were pineapple sponges at first but then noticed the hollow tube in the middle. I was thinking they could be feather duster worm tubes with sponge growth on the outside, but I haven’t seen any feather duster poke its head out. Could it be coral boring spionid worms?

View attachment 57009
Coral boring spionids have clear, long, soft tubes with two whiskers poking out.

Those look like sponges to me

View attachment 57009

Pineapple sponges

Current contest update...looks like we need to get quite a few confirmations from folks. Please let me know if you are indeed out. This contest is moving along quite a bit slower than the SPS grow out. So I understand the lack of updates. Not much to report on. But some updates regarding your coral would be good to determine if you are in or out, please.

At this moment, these are the only contestants that are current with pic updates.
@Ayman @dangalang @Darkxerox @derek_SR @IOnceWasLegend @Klems @MichaelB @popper @Reservetank

@Srt4eric I saw your last update. I initially had you as out but then posted a pic a couple months later. Still officially in?

All others have not posted an update for at least 2 months
@AndynotDrew @dswong01 @Invictus @JVU @L/B Block @markovkaa @MustangGoVroom @newfly @Reefinglens @richiev @Saruty04 @Slingfox @Turkeysammich
1717788237931.png

June update,

The one with the 3 eyes bottom one is the contest peice. The one above it I had a month before the contest started. The larger one has actually put out 3 new eyes On the sides of it.

The contest peice has a slightest recession On the sides where my hermits or snails bumped it into the reach of my hammers. It's sense been moved further away from the hammers. The over all coloration On both looks identical despite coming from different colonies.

Contest frag is holding steady no major visible growth unlike the other one I have beyond the start a smaller eye on one of it's corners - visible in the picture.
20240621_130026.jpg

Last edited:
Back