Kessil

FREE '24 SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
May update, pretty much still encrusting. Permanently attached it to a rock since it's completely covered the half inch frag plug:
1000004047.jpg

Mine is bleached out from a frag tank N&P bottoming out incident (accidentally had my fuge running 24/7). Still alive I think, but I haven't had time to do much tank maintenance recently and have no real growth since last time.

May update, definitely still alive, but browned out again due to levels getting outta wack for 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it regains color in time.

Attachments

• 20240530_222100.jpg
    20240530_222100.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 66
We have been stuck in Dallas due to the storms for several extra days now. My frag is alive and well (hopefully…at this point) and I’m very much in the contest still but will not get my May photo in before EOM. I think that it takes two months of no photo to get DQed so I think I am ok…just wanted to clarify.
You're good man. Please don't sweat it. Sorry to hear about the bad travel news. When you're able, just post an update please.

Really, my hope was to have members post their updates and have it spark some conversations about their husbandry, parameters, and overall care. The minimum monthly pic update was to keep contestants active in the contest.

I haven't had any time to go through the updates and double check people. I was hoping tonight, I'd have a chance to bring out the computer and do some, but I ended up having a long fragging sesh, prepping for the swap.

View attachment 56947

Starting to see some pink, and I think a little tiny branch starting. Getting around 300 PAR
That's looking amazing Derek! Starting to see that pink/red shining through. Personally, I love the combo of yellow, green, and the pink. I almost wished it stayed like this. It's a fantastic gradient of colors. Should we count that as your May entry? Or the June entry?! LOL
Getting those entries in early! I like it, thanks! Looks like some new branches are ready to take off. You have a beautiful piece growing there.

Happy Friday everyone! I am FINALLY sitting down and using an actual computer to get this updated completed. Some of the recent pics of this coral have looked fantastic. I am hopeful to see many more updates. I do understand everyone has a busy schedule and cannot always stay connected with stuff here on BAR. It does look like we have quite a few contestants that have fallen off over the past couple months. I have included a screenshot of the tracking sheet.

First, let me list off the 8 contestants remaining
@Crazymex408 @Darkxerox @derek_SR @Finnaddict @Invictus @MichaelB @psidriven @Reservetank

Thank you all for continuing with your updates!

@richiev Still in this?
  • Two missed monthly updates will result in disqualification
@Ayman @JustinBolton @markovkaa @MustangGoVroom @newfly @popper @Saruty04 @Slingfox @The_Lazy_Reefer @Umrigark

1717785861603.png

June update

20240621_130109.jpg

Latest image of mine, unfortunately it browned out on me again 2 months ago, and developed red cyano On the tip and I lost the part that started to encrust. At the time I swapped wavemakers and my alk fell to 5. I got the numbers back up again a few weeks ago. I clipped the dead tip last night off in hopes given time and more stability it will return to health.

20240621_130109.jpg20240309_220956.jpg
20240424_202759.jpg

These are from previous updates, before my numbers were got wacked out. Basically it feels like i'm starting over from day one, with even a smaller frag.

20240319_221934.jpg
This last picture was one when it had the better coloration before things went south.

Last edited:
Back