Jestersix

FREE '24 SPS Growout Contest

Are you IN or OUT?!

• Total voters
June update, got some little branches going:

RH5A0438.JPG

I got a couple quick pics. One of the difficult parts of picking the right spot for it, was that it ended up going in a spot that's difficult to photograph. But it gets great flow and light which I felt was more important. It's still not as happy as it'd like it to be. Nutrients have been high lately. The extended polyps are hit and miss. Goal is to get the nutrient load down without causing another dinos outbreak. I've only completed a couple water changes over the past couple months. Plan is complete at least a 20% WC tomorrow.

77.5°
34.8ppt
pH 8.10
Alk 8.5
PO⁴ 0.45
Ca 420
Mg 1300ish

1000011222.jpg

Different angle
1000011230.jpg

It doesn't seem to want to encrust. I believe that keeps it from growing more branches or overall size. Plan is to attempt to brush off the surrounding area to clear any detritus or nuisance algae that tends to grow in that area. I normally just blow off that area, but I think it's time to get a little more aggressive with the cleaning.

I can still get a frag to try and make some growth? Sign me up! Unfortunately will be quite behind everyone else

I can still get a frag to try and make some growth? Sign me up! Unfortunately will be quite behind everyone else
It's all good. It just won't be a contest entry frag would be the only stipulation. That colony was donated to the club, so anyone else wanting to give it another try, should definitely get in the DBTC line for it.

Mine is bleached out from a frag tank N&P bottoming out incident (accidentally had my fuge running 24/7). Still alive I think, but I haven't had time to do much tank maintenance recently and have no real growth since last time.
Pic from yesterday. Bad pic because I had to crop the image. Will try and get a better one and ruler later, but didn't want to forget.

1000008709.jpg

Main thing is it's fully encrusted the plug. I need to attach it to a bigger piece. It's also colored back up. I need to get my nutrients higher to fully get it fully happy I think.

It's under pretty high light and medium flow right now.

Here's it in context, though some of these bigger pieces are recent additions, and yesterday I moved a bunch of frags next to it.

1000008710.jpg

Back