Jestersix

Free KH guardian

Neato. Well I'll throw myself into the lottery too then, or at least I hope who gets it shows it off, looks like it could be a neat toy

So stand alone it simply monitors your KH level periodically, but with a controller you can have it adjust things?

Neato. Well I'll throw myself into the lottery too then, or at least I hope who gets it shows it off, looks like it could be a neat toy

So stand alone it simply monitors your KH level periodically, but with a controller you can have it adjust things?
Yes, this one is the KHG and so it only has monitoring functionality. But you can add the AIM module and it will send your alk readings to your controller. I have the khg pro which has an additional dosing head and it will control the alk to a level I set. But I will probably use the aim module and other doser but have the khg stop the dosing if the alk goes too high

It will test and dose stand alone. It has an extra pump for kh dosing, so it will test, then dose the needed amount to mantain your target alk level.
Ofcourse u can turn off the dosing function and have it test only. But yeh every function in it work stand alone.
That's why I liked the khg, from the beginning they deaignes it to avoid you the need to purchase a controller or force you to upgrade something to get the functions.
Ghl did the same, they now offer a stand alone everything. Dosers, kh testers and soon the ion director for no3,k,ca...etc

Yes, this one is the KHG and so it only has monitoring functionality. But you can add the AIM module and it will send your alk readings to your controller. I have the khg pro which has an additional dosing head and it will control the alk to a level I set. But I will probably use the aim module and other doser but have the khg stop the dosing if the alk goes too high
Small correction, the aim module is just to integrate the khg with a controller so u can see your results on your controller interface.
The testing and dosing function are completely stand alone, you do not need the module or a controller to have it test and dose.

Last edited:

Now there is an idea I hadn’t thought of. Turn up my dos a bit higher than the ya k needs and have the dos turn off if the KH reading gets above a certain point and back on again when it hits another point.

probably would need to test more than every 4 hours though.

Now there is an idea I hadn’t thought of. Turn up my dos a bit higher than the ya k needs and have the dos turn off if the KH reading gets above a certain point and back on again when it hits another point.

probably would need to test more than every 4 hours though.
Thats exactly what I used to do before the carx. Calculate how much total dose needed for 24h. Add 10 to 15% extra and program my doser to spread the dosing over 24h. Then simply have the khg turn on off the doser based on the kh value.
With the kh pro, you can let it test and dose kh as it please, and have it control other dosers(ca as an example) based off the kh value.

I’d love to throw my name in the hat too. I could def use Alk monitoring, as I am having my fairly deep daily fluctuations and can’t quite figure out why. I’ll even throw in a frag :). Either way, super generous of you, Omar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, let's close this one also.
This will go to @sfsuphysics. My selection criteria was simple, someone who have been active on BAR, helped the forum and its users and someone who can enjoy it.
It was between sfsu, the lazy reefer and Solitaryensis. clearly hard to choose so I went with seniority.
I wanted to be humble in recognizing that BOD's put the most efforts in this forum on our behalf and doing something most of us is not doing. So I think it's well deserved.

My apologies to others, will have more stuff for sure and will always put it here on BAR.

@sfsuphysics will coordinate with you on pm. My next step is to get the kits and do the upgrade and maintenance for u so you get a new unit...

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I used to do before the carx. Calculate how much total dose needed for 24h. Add 10 to 15% extra and program my doser to spread the dosing over 24h. Then simply have the khg turn on off the doser based on the kh value.
With the kh pro, you can let it test and dose kh as it please, and have it control other dosers(ca as an example) based off the kh value.
Damn. That sounds exhausting

Damn. That sounds exhausting
I’m thinking about having my khg setup with all for reef on auto dosing based on its alk readings. I am also looking into different multi part dosing, and my plan is to use my doser to dose the multi part and then if my demand increases and I don’t notice or I forget to increase the dosing amount, the all for reef would be used by the khg keeping the alk stable.
Long explanation, but the alk should stay stable without any manual work and if I travel the tank will be fine. I can then also do what @ofzakaria described to prevent overdosing.

Back