High Tide Aquatics

FREE Red Raspberry bushes

sfsuphysics said:
So do these guys get all weedy and obnoxious like blackberry bushes do?

If you keep them in check/trimmed, then no.(they are pretty easy to keep in check/trimmed) They are definitely not as bad as the spiky blackberry bushes.

Hi - Interested in trading halimeda for your raspberry plantings? I'll be at the swap too. Let me know and I can bring tomorrow. Thanks, Doug

Alrighty then. I bagged up all the raspberry plants. :) I don't have any more. Here is the list of people that are going to get em. Cya all at the swap tomorrow!

patchin
JAR
Coral reefer
seminolecpa
nudibranch
slim_jim989
zepplock
sfsuphysics
checkrazr

Enjoy your Raspberries everyone! :p

Also, looks like slim_jim989 and someone els didn't make it to the swap?

Gave away a total of about 100 raspberry plants.(gave away a bunch locally)

Also, a couple pics of the raspberry section in the backyard.(Raspberry section is about 25' long x 12' wide)
2cq16z9.jpg

5xsmqr.jpg

Thank you Moses and nice to meet you.
It was very thoughtful of you to bring all those bushes.
I am stoked!
BTW
Do you have a gopher problem at all?
We do.
I was wondering if I should put the bushes in gopher baskets.
Plants like roses and artichokes are gopher magnets so we put them in baskets.
Other plants the gophers don't touch.

JAR said:
Thank you Moses and nice to meet you.
It was very thoughtful of you to bring all those bushes.
I am stoked!
BTW
Do you have a gopher problem at all?
We do.
I was wondering if I should put the bushes in gopher baskets.
Plants like roses and artichokes are gopher magnets so we put them in baskets.
Other plants the gophers don't touch.

Your Welcome and it was nice meeting you too!
:)
Nope, no gopher problem here...
I honestly don't know if gophers will eat the raspberry plants, but I'd put them in baskets just to be safe... You can plant a couple without baskets and see what happens? lol

Thanks for the clippings Moses. Is that a tomato cage you are using to help the bush grow also? Also, do we need to cover if we get freze weather (below 33 degreees?)? Live in the east bay and may get some cold nites coming up. Thanks.

checkrazr said:
Thanks for the clippings Moses. Is that a tomato cage you are using to help the bush grow also? Also, do we need to cover if we get freze weather (below 33 degreees?)? Live in the east bay and may get some cold nites coming up. Thanks.

Your welcome! :) Yeah, you don't have to put it tho. It should be fine in cold weather.

Back