Our mission

Free Tigertail sea cucumber

My tigertails are growing like monsters and look like one of the 2 split in to 4. Anyone seen this before..it all happened in the last 6 months.
So number one: is this something I need to worry about?
Number 2, anyone needs some? I can let go of 2 of the new ones lol.
I started with one 4 years ago
These are the best sand cleaners I can ever have...

Attachments

• 20200608_223246.jpg
    20200608_223246.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 20200608_223229.jpg
    20200608_223229.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 314
  • 20200608_223225.jpg
    20200608_223225.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 332
  • 20200608_223139.jpg
    20200608_223139.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 20200608_223221.jpg
    20200608_223221.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Man they grew really big with me.the original one now is around 23 inch and during night when it eat, is really fat..
Not complaining, they do incredible job cleaning the sand.
I used to keep donkey poop cukes that were great. But never had one grow that big...wow. doesn't it disturb things on your sand bed then?

I used to keep donkey poop cukes that were great. But never had one grow that big...wow. doesn't it disturb things on your sand bed then?
No they are very gentle. They are much smaller during the day, then they inflate at night while eating.. thwy only stay on the sand and do not bother anyone.
As I said, hands down the best clean up crew..

How hard are they to care for? Liveaquaria calls them expert only but saltwaterfish says they are easy...
I'd be interested if I could care for it well though.

Tank journal below:
I thought amd heared they can be problematic, but honestly this one have survived the worst.
2 system transfers, it even survived my hosting crash issue.
So I would say easy, I did not do anything special for them. Clearly they need sand, without it not sure how can they eat.
How do other reefers feel about these cuc?

The only reason I can think of as to why they’d be classified as expert is because when they die they release a bunch of toxins. If you’ve got dirty sand then that’s all you need to keep them alive. They were the best sand cleaners I ever had.

The only reason I can think of as to why they’d be classified as expert is because when they die they release a bunch of toxins. If you’ve got dirty sand then that’s all you need to keep them alive. They were the best sand cleaners I ever had.
Do you know what trigger their reproduction?

Ok so I am willing to give 2 or 3 to the forum. Needless to say must be supporting member, have journal and experienced reefer. These things need the right condition and if they were stressed too much they can die and according to online, can cause problems with water pollution.

Last edited:
23 inches long? Good lord! I have a couple of the dark brown ones, and they definitely go around cleaning sand ... and occasionally making it look like someone dropped a deuce in my lagoon... like adult human sized not fish sized :D.

23 inches long? Good lord! I have a couple of the dark brown ones, and they definitely go around cleaning sand ... and occasionally making it look like someone dropped a deuce in my lagoon... like adult human sized not fish sized :D.
Right!
This is the size when they are eating. Much smaller when they are not eating and deflated...

I’d love to keep one, but I don’t know whether my puffers would harass it. What do they do during the day? Do they bury in the sand?

I’d love to keep one, but I don’t know whether my puffers would harass it. What do they do during the day? Do they bury in the sand?
I honestly do not know. Here is what I would say, if you are not sure, then I would steer away this time until you are sure.

Back