High Tide Aquatics

Getting Wrasse to Eat?

If there is any interest in splitting one of these, 4 packs count me in. With my nano, only need one jar. Have only used reef nutrition tigger pods and never algae barn but this seems like a decent price for a variety of pods

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/16oz-ecopods-4-pack-algaebarn.html
Where are you at? I'll go in with you. I live in San Jose. I Have a coupon too
Interesting - where are you getting the pods, and what kind? Are they alive when you add them (sadly, it seems most of the pods sold locally are dead, and many of the online vendors send dead pods too...). Are you dosing a bunch of phyto for a while to get them established?

I have had very good luck with Ecopods and Galaxypods from Algaebarn. Pods purchased from AC, Neptune, Reefcleaners (love reefcleaners tho), usually seem to be mostly dead or DOA...

The little bottles of tigger pods from reefnutrition that are sold at AC are clearly alive, but I haven't had luck getting that variety established either, FWIW.
And @Srt4eric

I bought Pods from Neptune aquatics about 2 months ago and dose phyto regularly per the recommendation on the bottle.

I always hope to see them with a flashlight at night jumping around on the glass

I never see pods on my glass, but a light in the fuge has stuff crawling all over the place, and also the bottom of my overflow corner boxes is teaming with stuff.

If using the tigger pods from reefnutrition make sure you let the bottle come to room temperature before adding.

Also, like others said; some live rock in your sump is a great safe place to seed.

Where are you at? I'll go in with you. I live in San Jose. I Have a coupon too

And @Srt4eric

I bought Pods from Neptune aquatics about 2 months ago and dose phyto regularly per the recommendation on the bottle.

I always hope to see them with a flashlight at night jumping around on the glass
How thoroughly are you cleaning the glass and how high is the flow? If you let the glass get a bit dirty, even on one small panel, your odds of seeing them drastically increase. They don't tend to hang out on clean glass. Nothing to eat there.

I have tigger pods from reef nutrition as well, I also bring in the live arctipods from them as well, but I only bring in about 5 at a time because they only have a 2-3 week shelf life. But I always have the live tigger pods. I also highly suggest giving them phyto to grow and multiply!!

I seeded pods in my tank a million times and never saw a single one; hunted them at night with a light & everything - never saw any!.... until I went fallow (ich outbreak). They're everywhere now! every day I scrape a few hundred off the glass (during my daily, cleaning chores)

I'm guessing they're there and the fish just eat anyone brave enough to leave their happy place.

I seeded pods in my tank a million times and never saw a single one; hunted them at night with a light & everything - never saw any!.... until I went fallow (ich outbreak). They're everywhere now! every day I scrape a few hundred off the glass (during my daily, cleaning chores)

I'm guessing they're there and the fish just eat anyone brave enough to leave their happy place.

I've had a similar experience. After I removed my fish and corals to a temp tank, pods exploded everywhere. I would often see a few, but without any fish, these things were crawling all over the glass in a few days without fish.

I look at my tank nightly ( midnight ) and see pods everywhere and I have 4 wrasses who constantly hunt for them. I seeded 2 bottles of tigger pods months ago. 1 in the tank ( after the wrasses went to bed ) and 1 in the sump

Back