High Tide Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Turns out Pinky is a bit suicidal and got stuck in a Tunze powerhead. I'm trying a trick by using a 4" pvc cap for it to adhere to (you can also use a clay pot), hopefully it does the trick.

The blacker ice clowns will do that....especially the female. She will kick out the female naked clown, hang out in the blue carpet then move back to the pink carpet. Funny to watch.

glad to see the pinky making a comback!

i've been in love with carpet nems since i saw this huge dark red / purple nem at aquatic central (i think) 3-4 years back.

Thanks. Carpets are one of my favorite nems also. I love how the clowns swim in and out of the folds of the anemone. Epecially when they stick tbere head out...it looks like they have a blanket around them.

gimmito said:
Thanks. Carpets are one of my favorite nems also. I love how the clowns swim in and out of the folds of the anemone. Epecially when they stick tbere head out...it looks like they have a blanket around them.
I really like how they look also.
But I have been to nervous about losing fish to them.
I will be watching your thread. If it goes well, maybe I can rethink that a bit.

I think you have a big enough tank Mark. A healthy fish will stay clear of a nem unless chased into it. The only problem is keeping them to stay put. ;)
If you can get them to attach their foot in a clay pot or pvc cap you will have much better success.

Back