Neptune Aquatics

Great start to the new tank

Twisted

Supporting Member
Started filling my new tank and it was leaking and I found out why
D5AE7ECD-8336-40D2-9155-18BB78B3DF0C.jpeg

NOOOOO!!!

Had that happened to me on a cadlights 45 I bought... tried super glue and welding but that was only good for a short time.

I finally got creative, use only one of the pieces and then got some random drain plug to hack something together.... one of these days, I will actually order the right part.

Plumping is the biggest problem with redsea tank. I have 2x 170 and 1x 250 reefer before and always run into pipes leak or broken parts.

I don't think you need to use Teflon tap. This probably made it more difficult to tighten down and caused it to break?

There's a rubber gasket. It was red on mines but yours looks to be black.

You would think they would run a thicker type of material considering the amount of pressure at each joint or connection.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree on all fronts except the return nozzle. In my opinion, who cares? Return isn’t for flow, so I don’t care where it goes.

I agree on all fronts except the return nozzle. In my opinion, who cares? Return isn’t for flow, so I don’t care where it goes.
I don’t like how it basically just fires straight at the front glass. Won’t matter much to me Winn no sand, but makes it annoying a lot of times

I don’t like how it basically just fires straight at the front glass. Won’t matter much to me Winn no sand, but makes it annoying a lot of times

It fires to the glass and then produces bubbles that splatters all over the place. Which makes it even more annoying.

Good thing mines was modded to split!

Try getting a bigger Red Sea reefer and it will matter clears our the sand in the front and overpowers fish who swim in front

Back