Reef nutrition

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Wasn't part of the growout contest, but am housing John's piece, aka Charlie. Received it approximately 5 weeks ago with 3 mouth and it's grown an extra.

2018_05_23_flaggs_charlie.jpg

This frag will be returned to John when he's ready to set up another tank. Hopefully it continues to grow and cover the plug.

So this is what it’s called, I have one too, never knew what it was called. And it hardly grew any size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a very similar chalice...(if not the same) that I brought back from the dead 2.5y ago and it has not grown at all. Granted I don't feed my corals anything...

Wasn't part of the growout contest, but am housing John's piece, aka Charlie. Received it approximately 5 weeks ago with 3 mouth and it's grown an extra.

2018_05_23_flaggs_charlie.jpg

This frag will be returned to John when he's ready to set up another tank. Hopefully it continues to grow and cover the plug.
Thanks for babysitting it.

Not a problem at all.

I don't feed it nor have I ever seen feeding tentacles on it. John has a video of it with the feeding tentacles out. It's starting to flow over the putty that I placed all around it, which is a good sign.

Doing well still. Seems to be okay of a grower considering its size. I expect it to take off more once it hits a certain size. Almost exactly one month since the last picture taken.

In the meantime, it's starting to flow down the ramp in the front and almost touching the lower disk. Also, possibly the 5th eye coming in on the front right corner there. Hard to say if it's an actual developing eye or just a ridge.
2018_06_25_charlie.jpg

I think a grow out contest should coincide with the frag workshop or any other BAR event. Purchase a coral from a BAR sponsor, frag it up at the event, and distribute to attendees. The fee to participate would cover the cost of the coral and a small prize to the winner. Like this post if you want something like this and willing to participate.

Coinciding with a frag workshop is a good idea. Maybe we can do another fragging workshop in a few months?

I'm headed to Neptune today and a few Sac stores tomorrow, I'm not on the BOD and I don't know if any of the sac shops are sponsors but I'm happy to poke the contacts I have to get them looking for something from a wholesaler.

Back