High Tide Aquatics

Guide: Lanthanum Chloride dosing for Phosphate control

lol. I understand water changes being great, and especially since I’ve gotten much better results recently by performing more frequent water changes, I’m probably not going to stop.

Was just very curious about this process and whether it could be used on a tiny tank with a tiny skimmer. :)

Thank you @derek_SR for the great write-up
No idea of the product mentioned here. Though sounds interesting. I found success in my biocube32 with Rowaphos, the other chemipure etc wasn't effective enough. It would possibly risk bottom out your tank at the levels your running guessing how effective it's been for me so far.

Before using the Rowaphos i couldn't get po4 below 1, now i hang around .5 and below. I love the biocube over all heck I must having 3 of them. Yet their filtration system sucks. My skimmer in it is also next to useless currently. Needs to be adjusted some kinda way. It's skims some days than skims nothing for weeks.

Dosing something into the skimmer sounds a little more complicated than I want to get into for my small biocubes not much room for mistakes in small tanks. I would consider it for the larger tank if p04 ever becomes a issue. So i definitely been following along here for the general information. Though i don't understand this enough to have any real confidence in trying it as of yet.

I tendnto wanna know enough about something i could write a paper on it before trying it. Lmao probably why i still never hooked up the dosing pump i got 6 months ago.

No idea of the product mentioned here. Though sounds interesting. I found success in my biocube32 with Rowaphos, the other chemipure etc wasn't effective enough. It would possibly risk bottom out your tank at the levels your running guessing how effective it's been for me so far.

Before using the Rowaphos i couldn't get po4 below 1, now i hang around .5 and below. I love the biocube over all heck I must having 3 of them. Yet their filtration system sucks. My skimmer in it is also next to useless currently. Needs to be adjusted some kinda way. It's skims some days than skims nothing for weeks.

Dosing something into the skimmer sounds a little more complicated than I want to get into for my small biocubes not much room for mistakes in small tanks. I would consider it for the larger tank if p04 ever becomes a issue. So i definitely been following along here for the general information. Though i don't understand this enough to have any real confidence in trying it as of yet.

I tendnto wanna know enough about something i could write a paper on it before trying it. Lmao probably why i still never hooked up the dosing pump i got 6 months ago.

rowaphos is GFO.

Back