Cali Kid Corals

HELP! Cadlights 39g Sig Series Microbubble issue!!

Was wondering if anyone out there has a fix for the Bubble-Magus skimmer micro bubble issue. Its pretty bad all i see is a stream of bubbles coming into my tank and i cant find a fix to limit this issue. I have micro bubbles stuck on my SPS corals and I'm sure this cant be good for them. Ive tried raising the height of the skimmer and also raised the water level. I also tried putting sponges everywhere you can think of ( skimmer return, pump return to tank and under the refugium ). None of these work alone or in conjunction with each other. I'm willing to try anything even redesign the skimmer return to flow water up with a ball valve. But please if anyone has anything that might work I'm open to anything at this point. The only true fix I can think of at this point is to dump the Bubble- Magus ( which I don't want to do ) and get a AquaC Remora. Please help me out I love this tank but this bubble issue is serious. I bought this tank so i can look at something really nice but at this point when I look at my tank I just get frustrated. Please help me out!!!!

Dave :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So the skimmer is a HOT (hang on tank)? Which model?

this one: http://www.bubble-magus.com/en/productShow.asp?id=892 ?

892.jpg

BMH200 1408

Gomer said:
how long have you been running the skimmer for? They generate the most microbubbles for the first few weeks.

It took the stock Solana skimmer almost 6 weeks to stop with the bubbles....

-Gregory

wow that is the longest I have ever heard of a skimmer breaking in Greg :) Glad it finally stopped.

Gomer said:
Could be that the bioload was small to start?

Hmmm...never thought of that. Never wanted to increase the load 'cause of the skimmer. It didn't produce a bit of foam during that period.

-Gregory

Heres a picture of the tank. Its not a good picture cause its from my phone but you can still see all the microbubbles. Even with this bad pictures those bubbles cant hide!

bubbles.jpg

And also I think i have too much crap in there im looking to downsize on the SPS but i was at my friends house one night drinking beers and he went frag crazy. I came home with like 15 SPS frags.

davskee said:
Tank has been running for almost 2 months now. And the skimmer is a BM-NAC3+ http://www.bubble-magus.com/en/productShow.asp?id=971 .
The tank system is a Cadlights 39g with everything built in the back of it (skimmer is in the sump in the back of the tank, not a HOB).

Dave

I have that skimmer on my 50g Artisan. No bubbles from day 1. The only time I get bubbles is when I put in a new filter sock.
Maybe try to adjust height. Mine is standing on a 3-4in riser.

They told me it just breaking in and it will be about a month for the break in period. Well i would of accepted that but its been 2 months. Im starting to that part of the issue is cause I have no fish in the tank so I dont have a load on the skimmer.

Back