Cali Kid Corals

Hi all!!

Hi all!! I'm new to online forum and I'm looking to get back on the reefing hobby again[emoji16]. I owned multiple tanks throughout the years of reef keeping but, never joined a reef forum. I usually just buy corals from LFS, craigslist and our trusted PETCO.hehe.

I hope by joining this forum I can share my experience and learn more things about this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I actually have a tank setup and running already. It's a 20g inovative drop down tank. Heres a picture.
9af12fb08816c1e426e650e9dcb0b784.jpg

hope ya figure out why the rbta is bleaching, im waiting to get one as well.
I think the tank it's not mature yet. 6 months to 1 years is the ideal cycle time before putting an anemone. I just got the anemone for a great price that's why I bought it.

Don’t nems typically bleach from too much light? Are there other factors that play into it?

I just read that high temps will do it too. Anything that causes the nem to expel its zooxanthellae.

Last edited:
Don’t nems typically bleach from too much light? Are there other factors that play into it?

I just read that high temps will do it too. Anything that causes the nem to expel its zooxanthellae.
I dont know if too much light can actually bleach an anemone. Im running my AI prime 8 hrs a day with only 40% so I dont thinks it's the light. My temp is good so I dont that's the issue.

Yes I'm feeding them. They are actually doing ok. Mouth is close and they are attached to my rock works. I just really think my system is to young to put them in.

Heres an updated photo of my tank and the bleached anemones. They are actually starting to color backup. I just did a 10 gallon water change yesterday.

My setup has been up and running since January 2019. I added the nems last month.I figured it was ready for anemone but I guess not. My tank is not mature enought. All my parameters are good though. I think that's because I started my cycle with dry rocks. If I had live rocks to start my cycle, 6 months should be good.But if you start with dry rocks with natural cycle dont add anemome for a year. I just learned something new everyday.[emoji16]
2a4d995a54029b10d6d88660d6a7977a.jpg

Back