Neptune Aquatics

Hi Reefers

That wasn't my flower pot but you helped id a mystery coral (the Acan Lord) which I had put on a rock with my zoas but now it sounds like I have to move him because it needs more space, Pooh. I had no idea I could feed them so I am going to try that today. I will poat a picture of my flower pot when she comes out.
Is this the flower pot? It looks like pipe organ to me.

Screenshot_20220524-084301_Chrome.jpg

Is this the flower pot? It looks like pipe organ to me.

View attachment 38608
Yes!!!! It is a pipe organ. I absolutely love this little gal. Someone at the shop told me they can be invasive. I am waiting for her to grow!!! I swear it looks like a pot of flowers when she is out. Now I can read about how to care for her. I think I am going to start taking my journal to the store so I can right there names down. I guess my problem is I just go pick stuff out because I don't know how to plan on what to get since I don't know the possibilities.

Thank you!!

That wasn't my flower pot but you helped id a mystery coral (the Acan Lord) which I had put on a rock with my zoas but now it sounds like I have to move him because it needs more space, Pooh. I had no idea I could feed them so I am going to try that today. I will poat a picture of my flower pot when she comes out.
Acans and Zoanthinds can typically be around each other.

Welcome! You are getting some great info here. I’m sure you will also be teaching us, with your background.
I have only studied freshwater fishes in the wild and have never kept a tank. I have a masters in Marine Science but studied erosion effects on subtital habitats. Aquariums are beyond my knowledge and so complicated. I am so excited to find this group. I need to get to work!!!

Yes, me and my son do scuba. We also belong to the Diver Dan Dive Club. We go to the breakwater about once a month to just stay in it. Even though there are simple dives there, there is so much to see. I think I am scheduled to be in Sunnyvale tomorrow for a doctor’s appointment and on Friday but in the mornings. Let me know if mid-day might work for you. Otherwise, I am sure we can drive down there on a weekend. I drive to Aquatic Collection from Livermore almost every weekend.
I am usually available during the day. PM me and we can sync up.

Start a tank journal would be my first bit of advice. Then you can track your "good" water parameters with actual numbers and we can all have a bit more info to help guide you.

Welcome to the club!!
Start a tank journal would be my first bit of advice. Then you can track your "good" water parameters with actual numbers and we can all have a bit more info to help guide you.

Welcome to the club!!!
Hey Eric
So I have started a journal to keep my water parameters, note water changes and other cleanings and when I put things in my tank along with any responses. What else do you recommend having in the journal? When you said keep a journal did you mean do it here on this form under the tank journal section? I saw that may be a requirement of paricipating the DBTC.

Thanks!

It's your journal. Be as thorough or not as you want. All I really put in my journal anymore are cool pictures or when something fails. I used to update with my current parameters and anytime I did anything to it.

Yes!!!! It is a pipe organ. I absolutely love this little gal. Someone at the shop told me they can be invasive. I am waiting for her to grow!!! I swear it looks like a pot of flowers when she is out. Now I can read about how to care for her. I think I am going to start taking my journal to the store so I can right there names down. I guess my problem is I just go pick stuff out because I don't know how to plan on what to get since I don't know the possibilities.

Thank you!!
Pipe organ corals a NOT invasive
But that tiny tubeworm that’s attached to it IS

Welcome to BAR! Great choice with the AI Prime 16HD. I think it’s the perfect light for nano tanks. Just don’t turn it up all the way to 100% or the lens will melt. Known issue. I’m currently using two of them on my nano tanks. They are controllable using the EcoTech Mobius app now and you can choose preset templates as well. You can also upload templates from other users too.
79327E5D-0B72-490C-94A1-6E0BD1137D61.png

Welcome to BAR! Great choice with the AI Prime 16HD. I think it’s the perfect light for nano tanks. Just don’t turn it up all the way to 100% or the lens will melt. Known issue. I’m currently using two of them on my nano tanks. They are controllable using the EcoTech Mobius app now and you can choose preset templates as well. You can also upload templates from other users too.
View attachment 38730
Hi and Thank you. I uploaded the one suggested earlier in this thread but for the future, how do I get to this screen shot? Is that via the website or the app? Thanks for the information. So far I am loving the AI prime. My corals look completely different now.

Hi and welcome! Ive got a 24gal aquatop as one of my tanks. I definitely recommend replacing the factory aquatop skimmer with something more capable and either getting a random flow nozzle or hygger mini or nero 3 wave maker for added flow. I'm pretty close by to you in Castro Valley and have a few corals softy beginner corals for you along with some montipora setosa and some green procilipora (easier to grow sps). I'm available Sunday evening, weekday evenings and should be free all next weekend.

Back